Motto: Omnes loqui, nulla actio
Members of the Assembled Nations
|Membership||123 Member States|
• Deputy Secretary
• AN Charter signed
|1 May 1957|
• Charter entered into force
|1 January 1958|
• First assembly meeting
|1 May 1958|
The Assembled Nations (AN) is an intergovernmental organization with the goal to further peace and security on Eurth. The AN is made up of almost every country in the wurld. The AN was established after several major conflicts that badly affected multiple continents with an unprecedented scale of destruction, the death of XX million people, and the use of weapons of mass destruction. The dove found on the Assembled Nations' flag and emblem symbolizes the continued endeavour for peace. Its threefold mission is to foster dialogue and cooperation between governments worldwide; to advance international peace and prosperity; and to defend the human rights and individual freedoms of people everywhere. To advance this mission, the Assembled Nations manages many programs around the Eurth. These include peacekeeping missions, security collaboration projects, human rights campaigns, economic and social development projects, environmental awareness and protection activities, as well as humanitarian missions for populations in crisis.
- 1950s: This decade saw a long series of wars come to an end. An international movement for peace emerged, with broad public support. A group of influential wurld leaders vowed to never let this happen again. They decided to merge and integrate many international tasks under one large umbrella organisation.
- 1957: Charter.
- 1958-1968: AN is generally trusted by governments and the public. AN Establishes many child agencies. During the decade after its founding, a series of treaties established intergovernmental authorities that focused on specific areas of function. For example, the !Internaitonal Postal Service, the !ICAO, the !Law of the Sea, and many more. This greatly increases its power and overview.
- 1968-1980s: AN fails to prevent the Second Argic War, series of failures damages trust in AN from governments and public, funding and power reduced but remains in use. (WIP. Unfortunately, war erupt again ±20 years later.)
- 1980s-2020s: AN takes a backseat in world affairs, only assisting in post-conflict problems such as refugees and peacekeeping, and some natural disasters. It isn't typically seen as something to stop conflict before it breaks out. Public are mostly indifferent to the AN, governments trust it to carry out its limited duties. (WIP. But this isn't the RL League of Nations, so the AN survives, but in some changed form.)
- 2022+: Following Anglian War and other world events, governments come together to restore global peace when nations alone cannot do so.
The Assembled Nations encompasses four principal institutions.
- Assembled Council (AC): the primary deliberative body, made up of one representative ambassador from each member nation.
- Peace Council (PC): For matters pertaining to issues of peacekeeping and security. (WIP. If this proves to be too complex, we will move this function to the GA.)
- International Court of Justice (ICJ): the paramount judicial venue that settles legal disputes between nations; advizes on legal questions submitted by the AC.
- Secretariat (SEC): the general executive of the AN. (WIP. Do we really require this institution?)
There are numerous other AN-affiliated and related agencies distributed around the wurld. These include:
- ANCAO (AN Civil Aviation Organisation) in Tamworth, Gallambria
- ANCLOS (AN Convention on the Law of the Sea) in $city, $country.
- ANDPO (AN Department of Peace Operations) in $city, $country.
- ANESCO (AN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation) in $city, $country.
- ANHCR (AN High Commissioner for Refugees) in $city, $country.
- ANICEF (AN International Children's Emergency Fund) in $city, $country.
- ANOS (AN Organisation for Standardisation) in $city, $country.
WIP. Here are some other organisations we might have a use for.
- Environmental Research and Protection Organisation in $city, $country.
- Global Bank Group in $city, $country.
- Global Meteorological Organisation in $city, $country.
- International Sea Justice Court in $city, $country.
- World Currency Bank in $city, $country.
- World Food Aid Programme in $city, $country.
- World Health Organisation in $city, $country
(WIP. The First Secretary of the Assembled Nations is the highest ranking official of the Assembly of Nations. This person is elected by the organisation's membership to serve a single six-year term. The Chief Secretary is the head of the AN Chief Secretariat located in $CityName, $Country. They are responsible for the executive leadership of the organisation. The First Secretary is prominently assisted by a deputy, as well as a director-general of administrative affairs.)
|Years in office||Country of origin|
|1||Mrs Katya Stănescu
|2||Mrs Yulia Lemanczyk
|3||Mr Johandry Dubert
|4||Mrs Arrica Sours
|5||Mrs Flavia Pierle
|6||Mrs Perrine Bergsbaken
|7||Mr Virgil Chai
|8||Mrs Cécile Mychael
|9||Mr Eriyon Goecker
|10||Mr Antwayne Zagula
Unique among international organizations, every independent sovereign state is considered to be a member. States can decline this by explicitly rejecting their membership. Additionally, any entity judged by the Assembled Council to "exercise stable de facto control over a territory and population" also has a right to membership, even if it is unrecognized by other AN members.
- Bainbridge Islands
- Damak Var
- Greater Galicia
- Great Anglia
- Great Xio
- Ide Jima
- Lysian Republic
- Ngoc Luat
- Noble Nykia
- Red Iberos
- Republic of Dniester
- Saint Francoisbourg
- San Ba
- San Castellino
- San Lorenzo
- Sanctum Imperium Catholicum
- Sunset Sea Islands
|Dates of mission||Name of mission||Location||Conflict|
|2006–2009||Assembled Nations Mission in Zekistan (ANMIZ)||Zekistan||Civil war in Zekistan|
|2016–present||Assembled Nations Mission in Afropa (ANMIA)||Afropa||War on Violetist Liberation Army|
|2016–present||Assembled Nations Mission in Bainbridge Islands (ANMIBI)||Bainbridge Islands||Meteorolan anti-piracy|
- OOC. Lore to be established. Iverica mentioned there was a nuclear weapon used against Mat Troi Lan (Sunset Sea Islands) during the Thalassan War.
- OOC. There is also an Assembly of Nations in Aurorum. On 14 January 2022 we checked with User:Concleror to ensure there would be no problem of overlapping names or abbreviations. They responded positively to our proposal. https://discord.com/channels/282995547755905024/374411025983864832/931548778140401706
- OOC. Gender was decided by random coin flip. Heads is female. Tails is male. https://www.google.com/search?q=flip+a+coin
- OOC. Historic leadership was decided at random, by picking a random number from the existing Membership list. https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=random+number+between+1+and+111
- Dark times over Zekistan (3 September 2006); Zekistan invasion (12 September 2006)
- War on Violetist Liberation Army (17 August 2016)
- The Imperial Navy sets sail, Chaper 3: Preparation (9 April 2019)
- Starting our own Model UN (30 September 2017)
- From Skies to Safety OOC (13 August 2018)
- International organizations (2 March 2020)
- International Peacekeeping Force (21 March 2021)