This article is incomplete because it is pending further input from participants, or it is a work-in-progress by one author.
Please comment on this article's talk page to share your input, comments and questions.
Note: To contribute to this article, you may need to seek help from the author(s) of this page.
Commune of the Working People of Chervolesia
Червoлеская Трудовая Коммуна
Červóleskaja Trudovaja Kommuna
Motto: «Ни короли, ни повелителей»
„Ni koroléj, ni povelítelej“
"No kings, no masters"
Anthem: Марш Добровольцев
March of the Volunteers
|Location of Chervolesia (green) within Asteria Superior (light grey)|
Location of Chervolesia (green) within Asteria Superior (light grey)
and largest city
|Recognised national languages||Grubalevian|
|Ethnic groups |
4.2% Native Chervolesian
|Government||de jure: Socialist parliamentary republic|
de facto: Socialist One-party republic with elements of stratocracy
|ADM Zinoviy Kudryashov|
|Legislature||All Trade Unions’ Congress|
|15 February, 1858|
• First Republic
|7 September, 1860|
• Second Republic
|25 May, 1911|
• Octoberist Putsch
|11 October, 1974|
|2,399,981 km2 (926,638 sq mi)|
|30.62/km2 (79.3/sq mi)|
|GDP (PPP)||2018 estimate|
• Per capita
• Per capita
|HDI (2018)|| 0.857|
|Currency||Chervolesian ruble (CLR/C₽)|
|Time zone||Eastern Asterian Time|
|ISO 3166 code||CH|
Chervolesia (Grubalevian: Червoлесия tr. Červólesija), officially the Commune of Working People of Chervolesia (Grubalevian: Червoлеская Трудовая Коммуна tr. Červóleskaja Trudovaja Kommuna) is a sovereign state located in Eastern Asteria Superior. The nation borders, from clockwise, the Lumine Ocean and Duquesne.
The modern day territory of Chervolesia has been inhabited by modern Humans since 13,000 years ago. These Paleoasterians would eventually give way to the modern Native Asterian tribes that would inhabit Chervolesia. The largest of these tribes would be the Mesto and Dine in the south and the Cheli in the north. The Mesto would eventually form the Zuni Empire, one of the largest Pre-Euclean polities in the Asterias. The Zuni Empire would be responsible for the creation of a complex calendar system, an extensive and advanced highway system, and a complex religion involving ritualistic human sacrifice. The Zuni would reach their territorial and cultural apex in the 16th century, with the empire stretching from the Alexandrian Gulf to central Chervolesia, and west to Duquesne. For reasons yet to be determined, the Zuni would collapse and fracture into numerous petty states. Beginning in the 1630s, Narozalic explorers and traders would stake their claims along the coast, eventually pressing inland in northern Chervolesia, taking advantage of the redwood primordial forests endemic to the area. By 1655, the Narozalic-based East Asterian Trading Company would have a monopoly on redwood logging. Three years later, the company would be granted a charter and an official colony would be started within the two years. Narozalic settlers would almost immediately clash with Zuni remnants, however the superior technology of the colonists and East Asterian Trading Company soldiers, would prove too much for the numerically superior Zuni. By the turn of the century, the Zuni were firmly under Narozalic control as both serfs and slaves.
The colony would be mostly autonomous and free from crown influence until the War of the Triple Alliance, when debts incurred over the course of the conflict forced Narozalica to institute financial measures and more direct approach in the affairs of Chervolesia. This policy would be short-lived as Narozalica would quickly fall into its own civil war. During the ensuing war, Chervolesia would declare its own independence in 1857 and in 1860, the Chervolesian Republic would be declared. Labour disputes would erupt and a socialist revolution would occur. The First Chervolesian Republic would officially be dissolved in 1911, succeeded by the ratification of the New Social Contract and subsequent creation of the Second Chervolesian Republic. A hardliner coup in 1974 would see the nation become substantially more totalitarian, and eventually lead to minor political protests. In an effort to quell future protests, series of reforms liberalising both the political and economic clime of Chervolesia under a process known as Uskorenije. This policy would last until 1998 where it was abruptly halted and reversed.
- 1 Etymology
- 2 History
- 3 Geography
- 4 Politics
- 5 Economy
- 6 Demographics
- 7 Culture
The Estmerish name for the country, Chervolesia, is a direct loan of the native Grubalevian endonym of the country: Червoлесия (Červólesija). Červólesija is made up of the Grubalevian words "черво́нный" (červónnyj) and "пес" (les). Červónnyj is an archaic, poetic word meaning "red" or "scarlet," with les meaning "forest." Thus together, the name Červólesija means "red forest" and is a direct reference to the primordial redwood forests located in the north of the country. The name was first documented in 1703, when the Marolevic tsar granted permission for the creation of charter colonies in "Chervolesia."
- Civil War in Narozalica allows Chervolesia to declare independence
- Anarchy is in place for the first couple years
- Government is established through the 1860 Constitutional Convention, firmly based on Renaixement ideals
- Slavery and serfdom get abolished
- Freedom of thought creates a newfound aura of thinking, during which socialism and other leftist theories are developed more intensely
- Industrialisation occurs, with it, firm classism occurs with it
- So-called Unionists, adherents to proto-Statosyndicalism, begin militarisation of trade unions
- Gangs of New York but with trade unionists against industrialists
Second Republican Revolution
- Paris Commune situation develops as the poorer neighbourhoods rebel in protest against the national government
- Rather than pull a Thiers, trade union representatives are allowed into the Chervolesian veche as equals to elected parliamentarians
- Inspired by the "Volosovo Commune", other townships, hamlets, etc pull a similar move
- The Trade Unionists, with popular support, declare a Petrograd Soviet and creating Dual power with the existing First Republic
- National Government loses control of the military, which formally sides with the Statosyndicalists
- Backed by the military, the Statosyndicalists dissolve the veche indefinitely and proclaim the All Trade Unions' Congress in its place
- First Republic officially dissolved via the New Social Contract, succeeded by the Second Republic
- Great War fought as Marirana just kind of invaded everybody. Also Chervolesian government wanted Iles de Saints
- Country rebuilds, Economic Planning Committee obtains unparalleled power during this period
- Project Cybersyn is theorised during the 1940s, groundwork laid down for it in the 1950s
- Project Cybersyn fully implemented by 1966. Economic Planning Committee begins to lose power and Internationalist clique rises in its place
- Hardliner coup in 1974 (Octoberist Putsch). Creation of the Presidium for the Protection of the Revolution and military junta government
- Minor political protests result in economic and social liberation policies known as Uskorenije
- Zinoviy Kudryashov gets appointed as Chairman for the Protection of the Revolution by the Council of People's Commissars in 1998, begins reversing Uskorenije.
- Political protests immediately follow and harsh police crackdown in response. Tankman but the tanks don't stop
- Begin fostering ties with Zorasan