This article is incomplete because it is pending further input from participants, or it is a work-in-progress by one author.
Please comment on this article's talk page to share your input, comments and questions.
Note: To contribute to this article, you may need to seek help from the author(s) of this page.
Second Arcanstotskan Republic
Вторая Аканстатский Республика (Obshchiy-Yazk) Vtoraya Akanstatskiy Respublika
Motto: Свобода Процветание Братство (Obshchiy-Yazk) Svoboda Protsvetaniye Bratstvo
Liberty, Prosperity, Fraternity
Anthem: "Аканстатская, Будь ты всегда"
"Akanstatskaya, Bud' ty vsegda""Arcanstotska, May You Always Be"
|Recognised national languages||Aleman, Pekysko, Norsian, Mercanti, Prydanian, Goyanean|
|44.7% Drykkenist, 37.6% Irreligious (Atheistic/Agnostic), 12% Messianist (9.2% Orthodox Messianist, 1.8% Courantist, 0.6% Laurennist, 0.4% Other), 4.4% Shaddaist, 2.7% Mehrab, 0.2% Other|
|Demonym(s)||Arcanstotskan (Noun, adj.) Arcanstotskans (plural)|
|Government||Federal semi-presidential constitutional republic|
|Sidorov Pevlovich Sokolo|
• Prime Minister
|Anton Yanovich Tsvetayev|
• Speaker of the National Assembly
• Chief Justice
• Tsardom of Arcanstotska
• First Republic
• Tsarist Restoration
• Second Republic
|July 23, 1848|
|144,150 km2 (55,660 sq mi)|
• 2019 estimate
|376.7/km2 (975.6/sq mi)|
|$4.127 trillion (IBU)|
|$3.882 trillion (IBU)|
|Currency||Arcanstotskan Tula (ATU)|
|Driving side||right side|
Arcanstotska, officially the Second Arcanstotskan Republic (Obshchiy-Yazk: Вторая Аканстатский Республика, Obshchiy-Yazk Transliterated: Vtoraya Akanstatskiy Respublika), is a country located in Northern Craviter. Covering an area of 144,150 square kilometers (55,657 sq mi) it lies between the Phoenix Sea to the west and the Auburn Sea to the northeast. It borders Malor-Kanada and Norsia to the north and Highton to the south. Siloyev is the nation's current capital and second largest city. Other major urban areas include Ramelensk, Kariyevgrad, Kropolym, Stavrozniki, Liyev, Sirinsk, Grestin, and Klikhov.
INSERT BRIEF OVERVIEW OF HISTORY
Currently Arcanstotska is a federal semi-presidential constitutional republic led by a President as Head of State and a Prime Minister as Head of Government. With 54.3 million inhabitants across its 18 constituent provinces, it is the XXth most populous country on Craviter.
- 1 Etymology
- 2 History
- 2.1 Early History & The Ylkentic Civilization
- 2.2 Bergum Rule
- 2.3 War for Independence & The Tsardom of Kalinia
- 2.4 Tsardom of Arcanstotska
- 2.5 Revolution of 1807
- 2.6 First Arcanstotskan Republic & Chevalier Wars
- 2.7 Restoration of the Monarchy & the Underground Republic
- 2.8 Revolution of 1848
- 2.9 Second Arcanstotskan Republic
- 3 Geography
- 4 Politics & Government
- 5 Economy
- 6 Demographics
- 7 Culture
Early History & The Ylkentic Civilization
War for Independence & The Tsardom of Kalinia
Tsardom of Arcanstotska
Revolution of 1807
First Arcanstotskan Republic & Chevalier Wars
Restoration of the Monarchy & the Underground Republic
Revolution of 1848
Second Arcanstotskan Republic
Politics & Government
Arcanstotska is a federal semi-presidential constitutional republic divided into three separate branches of government. Each branch is restricted by an enshrined system of checks and balances which prohibit any governmental office or branch from becoming powerful enough to threaten democratic authority.
- Legislative: the bicameral National Assembly made up of the Senate (which represents the nation's constituent states) and the Chamber of Representatives (which represents the people directly). The Senate is comprised of 36 seats (two for each constituency) and the Chamber of Representatives is comprised of 543 seats, with one seat equating to 100,000 people. The National Assembly has the responsibility to adopt federal law, declare war, approve of and propose treaties, and power of impeachment over the Prime Minister and President.
- Executive: the President acts as Head of State and is responsible for representing the nation in matters such as foreign relations, while the matters of governance fall within the responsibilities of the Prime Minister who is accountable to the National Assembly. The Executive Branch also encompasses the National Executive Council, made up of heads of the ??? federal executive departments such as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Health & Human Services, the Ministry of the Defense, and the Ministry of the Treasury. It is the responsibility of the National Executive Council to advise the Prime Minister on decisions when they relate to the Councilors' respective departments.
- Judicial: the National Constitutional Court, the National Supreme Court, and lower federal courts, whose judges are appointed by the National Assembly with Presidential recommendation, have the responsibility of reviewing laws and overturning laws they deem unconstitutional.
The President of the Second Arcanstotskan Republic (referred to as the POTSAR) is elected directly by the people via the popular vote for a maximum of two consecutive five-year terms, after which he/she will no longer be capable of serving any more terms in office. The President acts as head-of-state and is responsible for special national representational duties and calling the National Assembly to order. The President is also responsible for representing Arcanstotska to the international community both at home and abroad.
The Prime Minister of the Second Arcanstotskan Republic (referred to as the PMOTSAR) acts as Arcanstotska's head-of-government. The Prime Minister is selected from among the members of the largest party or coalition of parties every five years following the General Elections. After a candidate for Prime Minister is selected by the leading party, a national poll is established via which the general population may approve or disapprove of the candidate. If the candidate wins a majority of public approval then he/she is sworn in as Prime Minister. If not, then the leading party or coalition must choose another from among themselves as candidate for Prime Minister.
The National Fiscal Council of Arcanstotska is an independent fiscal oversight body tasked by the National Assembly to oversee the state budget process in Arcanstotska and to "create and maintain the discipline, transparency, and long-term sustainability of fiscal policy and to foster the long-term competitiveness of Arcanstotska through fiscal means." If the federal government makes an unbalanced budget or commits to risky spending, the National Fiscal Council can intervene.
Arcanstotska's military, the Arcanstotskan Armed Forces, is comprised of three primary branches; the Army (with special forces SSO), the Navy, and the Air Force. There are also two independent arms of service; the National Guard and the Military Police. The total number of service members across the Armed Forces in 2019 totaled 1.08 million across all service branches (??? active duty, ??? in reserve). In absolute terms, Arcanstotska's military expenditure is equal to WIP billion IBU, roughly WIP% of the nation's GDP and WIP in the world. In times of peace, the Armed Forces fall under the authority of the Minister of Defense, however, in times of war, the Armed Forces instead fall under the command of the Prime Minister.
The Arcanstotskan Armed Forces is a completely voluntary force in peacetime, though conscription may occur in times of war.
Infrastructure & Transport
External Trade & Investment
Science & Technology
Music & Dance
Literature & Philosophy