Featured Articleincipit, "Karuke priti patri" (Estmerish: "Carucere beautiful homeland"), is the national anthem of Carucere. The music was composed by Henri Weber in 1946, inspired by popular folk tunes commonly sung in Crique for decades and adapted it to be sung with an old poem written by Garcin Jones. The song quickly gained popularity across Carucere and was used as a nationalist alternative to In Plenty and In Time of Need, the anthem of the United Provinces. Initially sung in Gaullican, its original lyrics were eventually superseded by various lyrics in Papotement, including the official version made in 1953. After Carucere's independence in 1954, the country lacked an official anthem until the song's adoption as the Carucerean national anthem on 18 March 1973. Today, the original Gaullican version has been almost totally eclipsed, and many are unaware that the Papotement lyrics are a translation. The anthem is recommended, but not required, to be taught as part of the civics syllabus in national schools. The song is widely played in Carucere outside of official functions and sporting events. The most common example is a music session at a bar or other establishment to end at closing time with the playing of the national anthem. (See more...)
IIWiki is an online, web-based, free encyclopedia for the creation and display of fictional content produced by members of NationStates, though is unaffiliated with NationStates. The focus of the wiki is on Simulated and Speculative Fictional content, including Alt History, Mythopoeia, Conlang, Geofiction, and other elements of Worldbuilding.
IIWiki seeks to create an in-character environment where users can create and share content and lore. We expect encyclopedic articles and worldbuilding according to the Wikipedia Manual of Style, which is to say neutral, professional, and focused.
- 11 February 2024 We are updated to Mediawiki 1.39 hopefully bringing a number of functional, security, and stability improvements.
- 09 February 2024 We welcome Makko Oko as a tech admin.
- 16 May 2022 We have updated our main page for a fresh new look suitable for this decade. All thanks go to Ozycaevias for the design.
- 27 Mar 2022 For some reason we've added MonoBook as a possible skin. Feel free to switch to it if for some reason you like how it looks
- 18 Jan 2022 The Library namespace is now available for posting narratives, and has a subtly different style than the usual. We also have an OOC namespace for note-taking and for planning for which Talk pages are insufficient.
In the News
- The 2024 Winter Invictus Games begin in Rimso–Nordfolden, Scovern.
- Qalima Serieva from Ugunnustan wins the WorldVision Song Contest 111 with the song "Promise".
- The Soviet Union commemorates the 100th anniversary of the death of Vladimir Lenin on January 21.
- Bataariin Orda, Prime Minister of the Mongol Uls, resigns after his proposed constitutional amendments are defeated in a referendum.
- E-sports Benteji from Rahelia defeats Grupp FALKN from Asteria Superior to win the 2023 Avatar World Championship.
- Surubonese film The Brotherhood wins the Béco aùreo at the 84th Montecara Film Festival.
- In Hverland, a referendum to abolish the Sámedagi is decisively defeated.
Regions and Communities