Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Northern Isles of Serretes

Flag of Serretes
Motto: Wyrd Bið Ful Aræd
View of the Entirety of the Islands
View of the Entirety of the Islands
Official languagesEnglish
Recognised national languagesSerreten English
Recognised regional languagesVarious Dialects of the above
Ethnic groups
GovernmentAbsolutist Monarchy
• King
Uhtred VIII of Braedenholm
937 CE
243,611.45 km2 (94,058.91 sq mi)
• Water (%)
• 2010 census
• Density
5.7/km2 (14.8/sq mi)
GDP (PPP)estimate
• Total
21,546,245,338 SER
• Per capita
15,422 SER
CurrencySerreten Pound (SER)
Time zoneSerreten Standard Time
• Summer (DST)
Date formatDD/MM/YYYY
Driving sideleft
Calling code+225

Serretes, officially the Northern Isles of Serretes, is an island chain located in north-western Astyria. Serretes was originally a union between eight earls but as years wore on the union transitioned into more of a kingdom under a singular, dynastic, king. Uhtred VIII of Braedenholm rules the country, having forcefully taken it from his younger brother, Aldhelm of Braedenholm in just the past year during the course of the Serreten Civil War.

Serretes has not and likely will not achieved the rank of ‘1st world'. Economically, Serretes remains almost exclusively agricultural and exhibits no signs of shifting towards a different, more modern economy. Serretes is generally not considered a major power within Astyria due both past isolationist policy as well as her tiny population and military. Serretes is not a member of the World Assembly. At the moment, Serretes is not a part of any coalitions of trade. Serretes is in the EATA, due mostly to her close relations with the Blackhelm Confederacy.


Serretes is home to many rich and diverse ecosystem and much of the lands are unplagued by human pollution due to harsh laws governing motor vehicles of any kind. Nearly 46% of the nation is covered in forest (including marsh scrublands and mountainous forests), while the remaining 54% is covered by grasslands, agricultural fields, or various human activities. Rivers generally gather in central Serretes, in the Dunmere Lake. The Ænlicbern River flows directly from the ocean in the southeast to the Blackmerisc Marsh in the northwest of the nation. Blackmerisc Marsh is the largest continuous marsh in the nation, a mix between a fresh and salt water marsh, receiving both water from the Bægsea and the Ænlicbern. There are very few mountains in Serretes, but large hills dot the landscape, mostly in the north and east. Beyond the outer islands in the west, the sea is known as the Bitansea.

The large open plains covered in stands of trees are excellent for agricultural activities of the populace. Sheep are easily raised on the lush, highland pastures in the north and not surprisingly, Serreten wool is among the finest in the region. The south is dominated by easy barley, wheat, and oat cultivation, all of which form major staples for the populace. The local wildlife is usually left alone and as such, many animals who have gone extinct in other parts of the world still thrive in Serretes. In recent years, the national animal, the Direwolf has become increasingly scarce much to the alarm of the entire population.