User:The IASM/Sandbox 3
This article is incomplete because it is pending further input from participants, or it is a work-in-progress by one author.
Please comment on this article's talk page to share your input, comments and questions.
Note: To contribute to this article, you may need to seek help from the author(s) of this page.
The badge of Künshisho
|All purpose intelligence agency overview|
|Formed||Antiquity (as the censorate) |
13 November 1987 (as the Künshisho )
|Type||To provide intelligence for Akai forces|
|Headquarters||Kepabaolei, Yaosai, Akai|
|Motto||“And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.”|
|Employees||94,192 full-time employees (2010) |
"millions" part-time informants (1989)
|Annual budget||Estimated to be 19 billion USD|
|All purpose intelligence agency executives|
|Parent department||Master's command of Orders of National defence|
|Parent All purpose intelligence agency||Orders of National Defence|
The War Historical Bureau (Classical Acanic: 軍史署, Vernicular Akai: ꡆꡟꡋꡅꡟꡚꡟ, tr. Künshisho ; ), more commonly known as the Künshisho or inaccurately as the censorate, is the military and security agency intelligence of Akai. It is officially the main directorate of the Master's command of the Orders of the Imperial Military Defence. Overtly, the organisation is merely the information gathering and analysis division of the OND. In reality, the operations of the Künshishoare far broader than simple intelligence gathering. It along with the other intelligence organisations in Akai have been described as some of the most efficient and ruthless secret police and military intelligence organisations to exist in Cornellia, often compared to the Imperium's Inquisition or the Aharan Order of the Black Eye.
The Künshisho is Akai's largest foreign intelligence agency as well as one of its most capable and centralized. In 1997 it deployed similar amounts of foreign countries as the rest of Akai's other intelligence agencies, some. It also commanded 25,000 Tezhentuan troops in 1997 which it centralized in the 1980s with its founding.
Its direct ancestor to the Künshisho , the Censorate was a highly effective agency under the Lazins (1271-1989) often operating with the Riyeskonsu to great effect - it, in turn, a reformation of an older censorate organisation. When Akai was unified, the Censorate was a branch of the centralized bureaucracy, paralleling the Grand Conclave, and was directly responsible to the Ditu. The investigating censors are "the eyes and ears" of the Ditu and checked administrators at each level to prevent corruption and malfeasance, a common feature of Akai. Generally speaking, they are feared and not trusted, and have to move around constantly to perform their duties. When it was reformed sometime in the 1980s, it became officially a military organisation and obtained control over Akai. Its current head is particularly well known for his ruthlessness and utter zeal in ensuring the effectiveness of his organisation.
The Künshisho has its roots in the old censorate, formed by Emperor Tiao-Li the first of Lazinato as a means of suppressing the nobility and internal threats to the throne in a less overt manner than the Riyeskonsu although both organisations have enjoyed a strong bond over the centuries. It became stepped in the intense intrigue of Lazinato and beyond, with information about them rarely spread outside of official circles.
They were particularly infamous for the retribution against the Blackheartist rebels under emperor Yaha IV "the merciful," with them being exterminated almost completely by the censorate in a campaign of political violence which lasted over a decade an ended with over quarter of a million deaths.
They continued into the latter stages of the Lazinatoese empire, being particularly associated with the Xuezhoydi faction and in particular Lord Jieke Shang who wanted to enforce the unification of Akai. They during the unification were known for their calculated brutality, razing entire cities, providing detailed information on many targets. It was said the scale of their infiltration was so bad that "for every one in five officials, there is a censorate mole."
This reputation continued in a less extreme manner after the rise of Ditu Sunzhi to political prominence, they took a more reserved role, rarely engaging in the same scale of political violence that they had done in the past.
It was the ascent of Dihou Linghin to political prominence which saw the rise of the censorate once again, being used in a particularly blunt manner as a form of secret police and assassins for her to use, against her enemies who often were numerous. They eventually were used by Ditu jieke for most of the 70s and early 80s to maintain his political power in a manner which was typical to his early reign and similar if subtler than his mother's application of their power. It was during 1984 when they began to reform into the modern Künshisho .
After the success of the joint cooperation of the censorate and the Tezhentuan regiments in order to conduct psychophysical warfare and asymmetric warfare against the various factions involved in the Guizitong, being involved in the acquisition of the vital information required for the critical nuclear strikes against the GUIZI as well as being directly involved in the destruction of Clan Raigao. Afterwards in 1987 Jieke called for the creation of Künshisho under the command of the very successful Colonel Moxlue Woerjin - a man whose ruthlessness and inhumanity was particularly infamous throughout Akai due to his extremely underhanded tactic ranging from psychological warfare, guerrilla warfare and arguably terrorism.
The organisation was created to direct intelligence operations in Akai and abroad and was quick to quell any dissent after 1984, with their most famous operation being the destruction of Clan Raigao. They have become a third party to the Fangyu-Haishang faction crisis emerging in the OND - playing both sides for their own benefit while also gaining more and more influence from the military as time goes on. The current head of the organisation is Lord Moxlue Woerjin was quickly elevated to the rank of Censor-marshal, a rank equivalent to a Colonel-Marshal in the Order of the field and is also currently the step-father of the current Ditu granting him considerable influence.
The Künshisho supposedly operates the following sub-organs and cells in order to streamline efforts:
- Cell 13 or the mockingbirds is responsible for SIGINT, cyber-warfare and electronic warfare. They are believed to be one of the larger cells and is also suspected to have a massive surveillance program which is shared with the other cells.
- Cell 15 known as the shadows is believed to be designed to ensure the loyalty of the OND and the other civilian agencies in Akai.
- Cell 12 is intended to observe, target and destroy subversive forces in Akai such as rogue paramilitary corporations or corruption in the bureaucracy or Jituans.
- Cell 5 is believed to be the intelligence arm of the Künshishoand is the one most prominently involved abroad.
- Cell 10 is intended to study the criminal underworld of Akai and manipulate it into serving its own interests.
- The Tezhentuan Black Division : the paramilitary organisation possessed by the Künshisho , believed to be some of the best equipped and best trained troops in Akai. Members of the unit are recruited from either the Akai Order schools or are promising orphans taken in to be indoctrinated for the purpose of service. They specialise in asymmetric, black operations, political warfare, and have counter-terrorist units. The division is often disguised as other parts of the OND in order to mask their true purpose.
- Cell 3: Tasked with targeting and retrieving illegally escaped foreign individuals who have left Akai without state permission. They are suspected to often cooperate with traffickers to retrieve and secure high status individuals, especially those who possess damaging information. They're infamous for their involvement in the assassination of Prince Hei Lazin who was killed when his flight was bombed, killing all on-board and destroying any information he possessed when fleeing to seek asylum in the Allammunnic states. The incident is particularly under reported in Akai, with few people seemingly aware of its occurrence.
- Cell 19: suspected to be in charge with the surveillance of all foreigners present in Akai's boarders and tracking them as they move around. These include diplomatic officials, activists, and other such individuals.
- Cell 0: believed to represent the high command of the Künshishoalthough not much is known about it.
- Cell 3: The Research and development division of the Künshisho , it is suspected to behind the reverse engineering of large amounts of technology, WMD development and software.
- Cell 4: Suspected to behind the alleged underground concentration camp system which is maintained by the Akai state in Kepabaolei, something which is neither acknowledged or denied by it like most questions about their policy which they do not wish to disclose. It is believed that over 1.9 million people are currently used as forced labour in these camps, and across Akai in order to maintain or build valued infrastructure across the nation. This duty is also believed to overlap with the various agencies of SIA section 4 who are also suspected to maintain these camps.