2021 Anglian War
|Commanders and leaders|
|Qubdian Armed Forces|
The Anglian War is an ongoing conflict on Eurth. In April 2021 the Kingdom of Great Anglia initiated the conflict by moving its Army across the bridges spanning the gap between Great Anglia and the Social Democratic Confederation. The conflict is motivated by Anglian imperialism. The international community has condemned the Anglian aggression.
The reasons that led to this conflict were many years in the making. In Great Anglia, the expansionist monarch King Creighton I was a proponent of annexing his rich Occidental neighbouring states. Inspired and intimidated by militaristic Adaptus, the king targetted other countries which would be less likely to retaliate. The pacifist political stance of these countries was viewed as weak and negligent.
Across the Raga Sea, over in Amutia, a dispute of the exact border location between Suverina and Qubdi had festered for many years. The lands in question had been in dispute ever since Suverina annexed the non-declared area without official negotiation between the two states. Tensions increased in early 2021 when Qubdi pressed on with its own border claims.
- 10 April: Battle of Broerland where the Anglian Army crossed the bridges spanning the gap between Great Anglia and the Social Democratic Confederation (SDC).
- 16 April: Treaty of Tarentum signed where SDC formally surrendered to Anglian Forces.
- 22 April: Suverina requested Anglian support in their ongoing feud with Qubdi.
- 26 April: Battle of Allaena where Qubid launched an invasion of the disputed border zone between themselves and Suverina.
- 26 April: Treaty of Chisinau signed between Anglia and Suverina.
- 30 April: Battle of Hamama where Anglia forces assaulted Qubdian positions across disputed zone.
- 15 May: Battle of Antakya resulted in the collapse and retreat of Qubdian forces in Suverina.
- 15 May: Occidental-Azanian Pact signed between Great Anglia, Suverina, Jilderen, Bulungi, Afropa, Sa Hara, Mahdah, Hakenium, and Alshamal.
- 15 May: Coup in Alshamal removed Grand Vizier Mamadou bin Sambo, replacing him with a figurehead King.
- 26 May: The Anglian warship ANS Javelin sank off the coast of Dragonryders.
- 26 May: Throughout Argis and Alharu the Anglians launched a diplomatic offensive to sway public perception.
- 16 June: Anglian Naval forces open fire on Ryderian positions.
- 16 June: Border conflicts are observed in Azania between OCA and non-aligned nations, such as Mawlika and Arrif.
- 29 June: OCA nations invade much of northern Azania, including Dragonryders, Cabarria, Mawlika and Alshamal.
The conflict is still ongoing.
LAANN on May 1st imposed a stop and search embargo on all shipping to and from Great Anglia. Neighbouring countries also responeded. Tagmatium imposed their own santions the very next day. Haruspex deployed troops along their southern border with Tagmatium. By May 12th the EOS publicly announced their own sanctions.
On July 13th President Deborah Van Roose of Delamaria announced a series of sanctions on Great Anglia and other members of the Occidental-Azanian Pact, as well as a stop and search embargo on any ships of aircraft in Delamarian juristiction.
- Tarentum, Social Democratic Federation (10 April 2021)
- Foreign and Imperial Office, Godstone, Anglia (12 May 2021)
- Anglian Military Officials Invited to Suverina (22 April 2021)
- From Her Excellency's Desk, in conjunction with the Ministries of Foreign Relations, of Self Defense & Security, and Commerce & Trade (1 May 2021)
- Conflict Breaks Out Between Souberina and Kypton (2 May 2021)
- Occidental in crisis (3 May 2021)
- Emergency resolution on Anglian aggression (12 May 2021)
- Statement regarding new Sanctions (13 July 2021)