Kilowatt

Grand Republic of Kilowatt
Flag of Kilowatt
Flag
{{{coat_alt}}}
Coat of arms
Motto: "Scientia potentia est"
Location of Kilowatt
CapitalEstrion
Official languagesEnglish, French
Demonym(s)Kilowattian
GovernmentFederal Directorial Republic
• Directory
Gérard Kelley
Yvonne Menlo
Ernest Leban
LegislatureCongress
Senate
National Assembly
Independence from Canter Republic
• Declared
14 July, 1863
Area
• Total
475,442 km2 (183,569 sq mi)
• Water (%)
1.3
Population
• 2015 estimate
5,300,000,000
• 2015 census
5,300,000,000
• Density
39.7/km2 (102.8/sq mi)
GDP (PPP)2013 estimate
• Total
$549.55 trillion
• Per capita
$103,608
GDP (nominal)2015 estimate
• Total
$545 trillion
• Per capita
$102,830
HDI (2010)Increase 0.940
very high
CurrencyPente (PNTE)
Time zoneUTC+1 (CST)
• Summer (DST)
UTC+1 (Not Observed)
Driving sideright
Calling code+466
Internet TLD.kilo

The Grand Republic of Kilowatt is a nation of approximately 2,400,000,000 citizens located in Anteria. The nation was founded under a stratocratic government in 1863 after gaining independence from the Canter Republic and was officially restructured into a federal directorial republic in March, 2000. Kilowatt is also a member of the Anteria Triumvirate and the PenteZone.

History

WIP

Infrastructure

Transportation

Energy

Approximately 63% of the energy generated in Kilowatt is produced by the nation's multitude of nuclear power plants. The remaining 37% is a mix of hydroelectric dams, renewables, and natural gas. Coal was formerly a major source of energy, but it experienced a sharp decline during a series major government initiatives to promote nuclear energy, with the last coal power plant in Kilowatt being shut down in 2011.

Education

Science and technology

Government

Military