Port Ela, known in English as Swanport, is the second largest city in the Maltropian principality of Chetwynd. It has a population of 481,422 as of 2018.
Port Ela is Chetwynd's second port, and one of the most important harbours in the Maltropian Islands. Shipbuilding is a key element of its economy, employing thousands directly and more in supporting industries.
The city's origins lie in the early thirteenth century, when a group of longhouses was established on the bay's northern shore by settlers from Helvick. This settlement, which appears on a 1244 map as Port na-nElae, was raided in 1226 and annexed to the Earldom of the Isles. A wooden fort was built to guard the town, and it was never seriously threatened again. Iron mines were worked in the surrounding hills from about the 1320s. The town also thrived on the fourteenth-century fur trade in Maltropia, becoming a major hub for trapping and hunting.