Royal Gallambrian Marines
|Corps of the Royal Gallambrian Marines|
|Active||2019 - Present|
|Role||Expeditionary, amphibious & arctic warfare|
|Part of||Royal Gallambrian Navy|
|Headquarters||Ardmore Defence Offices|
|Motto(s)||"Per Mare, Per Terram" (Latin)|
"By Sea, By Land"
|Colors||Blue, Gold, Green, Red|
|First Sea Lord||Adm. Sir William Page|
|Commandant General||Lt. Gen. Johnathon Doyle Burns|
This article is incomplete because it is pending further input from participants, or it is a work-in-progress by one author.
Please comment on this article's talk page to share your input, comments and questions.
Note: To contribute to this article, you may need to seek help from the author(s) of this page.
The Corps of Royal Gallambrian Marines (RGM) is the amphibious light infantry and also one of the five fighting ars of the Royal Gallambrian Navy. The Royal Gallambrian Marines were established as a result of a number of reforms and restructures of the Gallambrian Armed Forces.
As a highly specialised and adaptable light infantry force, the Royal Gallambrian Marines are trained for rapid deployment worldwide and capable of dealing with a wide range of threats. The Royal Gallambrian Marines are organised into two light infantry brigades (1 Commando Brigade & 2 Commando Brigade, and a number of separate units.
The Corps operates in all environments and climates, through particular expertise and training is spent on amphibious, arctic, mountain and expeditionary warfare, as well as its commitment to Gallambria's rapid reaction capability.
The overall head of the Royal Marines is His Majesty King Albert II, in his role as Commander-in-Chief of the Gallambrian Armed Forces. The ceremonial head of the Royal Gallambrian Marines is the Captain General Royal Gallambrian Marines. The current Captain General Royal Gallambrian Marines is the Princess Royal. Full Command of the Royal Gallambrian Marines is vested in the Fleet Commander (FLTCDR) with the Commandant General Royal Marines, a Lieutenant General, embedded within Navy Headquarters as Commander Gallambrian Amphibious Force (COMGALAMPHIBFOR).
The operational capability of the corps comprises a number battalion-plus sized units, of which eight are designated as "commandos".
- Royal Gallambrian Marines
- Commando Training Centre
- 1 Assault Group
- 2 Assault Group
- 1 Commando Brigade
- 30 Commando (Formerly, 10th Battalion, Royal Gallambrian Regiment)
- 31 Commando (Formerly, 12th/14th Battalion, Royal Gallambrian Regiment)
- 32 Commando (Formerly, 5th Battalion, Royal Highland Regiment)
- 51 (Reserves) Commando (Formerly, 4th Battalion, Warwickshire Regiment)
- 25 Commando Regiment, Royal Artillery
- 7 Commando Engineer Regiment
- 1 Commando Logistics Regiment (Formerly, 43rd Combat Services Support Battalion)
- 2 Commando Briagde
- 40 Commando (Formerly, 11th Battalion, Royal Gallambrian Regiment)
- 41 Commando (Formerly, 4th Battalion, Princess Royal's Regiment)
- 42 Commando (Formerly, 6th Battalion, Princess Royal's Regiment)
- 52 (Reserves) Commando (Formerly, 5th Battalion, Warwickshire Regiment)
- 26 Commando Regiment, Royal Artillery
- 8 Commando Engineer Regiment
- 2 Commando Logistics Regiment (Formerly, 4th Combat Services Support Battalion)