This article belongs to the lore of Conch_Kingdom.

Telrova

Jump to navigation Jump to search

Telrova
Orbital characteristics
365 days
Satellites
StarLumina Alpha
Physical characteristics
1,394,863,996 km2
297,732,751.4 km2 land
1,097,131,250 km2 ocean
Volume4,898,586,040,030.058 km3
Mass16,310,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 g
Mean density
3.33 g/cm3
Albedo0.367

Telrova is the second planet from Lumina Alpha, commonly known as the sun, and the only astronomical object in Lumina Alpha's system which contains life. Around 78% of Telrova's surface is covered by ocean, with the remaining 22% being made up of continents and islands. It's landmass is made up of 13 continents on which there are 138 recognized organized nations.

Chronology

Physical Characteristics

Telrova is the second planet from Lumina and the only astronomical object known to harbour and support life. About 26.7% of Telrova's surface is land consisting of continents and islands. The remaining 73.3% is covered with water, mostly by oceans, seas, gulfs, and other salt-water bodies, but also by lakes, rivers, and other freshwater, which together constitute the hydrosphere. Telrova's outer layer is divided into several rigid tectonic plates that migrate across the surface over many millions of years, while its interior remains active with a solid iron inner core, a liquid outer core that generates Telrova's magnetic field, and a convective mantle that drives plate tectonics.

Telrova's gravity interacts with other objects in space, especially Marax and Kilameir, which are Telrova's natural satellites. Telrova orbits around Lumina in about 365.25 days. The gravitational interaction between Telrova and its moons causes tides, stabilizes Telrova's orientation on its axis, and gradually slows its rotation.

Asteroids and Satellites

Marax Redish moon of Telrova

Kilameir Volcanic moon of Telrova

Human Geography

The land of Telrova is seperated into 13 named landmasses. They are North Laurentia, South Laurentia, Echoris, Narushia, Takaria, Elisia, Pukam, Antartica, Malidia, Evrosia, Tagrae, Iorana and Ost-Gershaft. Of these, Elisia is the largest and Iorana is the smallest. Two of the continents are completley controlled by a single political entity, Pukam by Cle Brait and Ost-Gershaft by Fleet of Oceans, while no known organised civilisations are present on Echoris. It is believed that human life began in the south of Elisia, approximatley near the modern day location of Nova Briton. They have since spread out and formed diverse societites and cultures, including around 152 internationally recognized sovreign states.

Several of the nations of Telrova have organized into supranational organizations which include:

A map of the major active alliances of Telrova
  • Imperial Bloc (IB): The oldest known militairy alliance and formerly the most powerfull, the IB consists mostly of large old imperial autocratic nations. Membership is very exclusive and it is difficult for new nations to join. Currently lead by Fleet of Oceans.
  • Okchon Alliance (OA): A largley economic focused organization for nations which are situated around Lake Okchon, in the middle of Elisia. Members are generally not allowed to also be members of other alliances.
  • PNR (PNR): One of the youngest alliances to have risen to prominence, they consist largley of dictatorial and totalitarian regimes and are therefore widly disliked by the larger international community. Nations will often refuse to associate with even former PNR nations in order not to taint their reputation.
  • Telrovan Union (TU): A largley militairy focused alliance which considers itself to be a third position alternative to the UFT-IB dichotomy, it is in theory hostile to both IB and UFT, though in practise it's much closer and friendlier to the UFT in recent years. It prides itself on being one of the most accepting to new members, and features nations of diverse governance structures and sizes. It's president is currently Hockeyyekcoh.
  • Treaty for Economic Advancement and Cooperation (TEAC): An economic and free trade organization for "non-aligned" nations which are not part of any other alliance. Committed to reducing trade and travel barriers between its member nations. Founded by Tsanga with meeting hosts to rotate yearly.
  • United Federation of Telrova (UFT): The largest and most extensive orgnaization, it has the most member nations and aims to foster mutual economic benefit and human rights protections through a wide-reaching variety of internal regulations, a free trade area, a joint currency (the Rova), and a legally binding human rights charter. It is largely composed of democratic nations but includes several outside that category, and is governed by a council of delegates responsible for selecting a Secretary-General (currently Liberto-Ancapistanian politician Oswald Prince) and overseeing administrative functions. It is one of Telrova's most diplomatically influential supranational organisations.
  • Almaty Pact(AP): A small alliance that has been created between 3 countries and now stretches across multiple continents on Telrova with 6 members. It is currently working together to bind them together through acts such as a free travel, a shared binded human rights to all member states and is currently working to deal with modern issues. It is young alliance and has been focused mainly onto non-major countries, which aren't so influential across world but together they make more influence.