This article is incomplete because it is pending further input from participants, or it is a work-in-progress by one author.
Please comment on this article's talk page to share your input, comments and questions.
Note: To contribute to this article, you may need to seek help from the author(s) of this page.
|Part of the Asterian Spring|
|Date||December 6, 1979 - January 11, 1980 |
(1 month and 5 days)
|Caused by|| • Authoritarianism|
• Human rights violations
• Government corruption
• Ethnic inequality
• Aftermath of the Years of Lead
• Consequences of the 1979 Coian economic crisis
|Methods|| • Civil disobedience|
• Civil resistance
• Labor strikes
• Spontaneous rebellion
|Resulted in|| • Overthrow of the Sprogys regime|
• Trial and jailing of Kalvaitis- and Sprogys-era leaders
• Release of political prisoners
• Depoliticization of the Armed Forces
• Dissolution of the NŽIRA
• Ratification of a new constitution
• Restoration of multiparty democracy
|Parties to the civil conflict|
The Velvet Revolution (Ruttish: Aksominė Revoliucija) was a campaign of civil disobedience, civil resistance, and eventually open revolt against the authoritarian regime of Martynas Sprogys, ultimately leading to the reestablishment of multiparty democracy in Aucuria.
[course of events]