John XIV Anicius
This article is incomplete because it is pending further input from participants, or it is a work-in-progress by one author.
Please comment on this article's talk page to share your input, comments and questions.
Note: To contribute to this article, you may need to seek help from the author(s) of this page.
|John XIV Anicius|
|Duke of Beroea|
|Latin Emperor (jure uxoris)|
|Reign||9 June 1922 – 14 February 1933|
|Born||8 June 1880|
Hiera Palace, Alexandria, Latium
|Died||16 January 1964 (aged 83)|
St Maria's National Hospital, Velia, Castellum ab Alba
23 January 1964
Joanna of Latium
(m. 1898; died 1933)
|Father||Michael Anicius, Duke of Beroea|
John XIV Anicius, Duke of Beroea, Father of the Emperor EE EAA MCG ECC CI (Faustus Anicius Gallus Iohannes Arcadius Alexius; 8 June 1880 – 16 January 1964) was a Latin noble, statesman, and solider, and later Latin Emperor, by right of his wife, from 1922 to 1933. He was the father of Latin Emperor Constantine XIX, and was one of only two individuals to hold the honorary title "Father of the Emperor".
John was the youngest child and only son of Michael Anicius, Duke of Beroea and Lady Syagria Julia. He was the grandson of Thomas Anicius, Duke of Beroea, the first modern Consul following the reforms of Emperor Theophylactus I Augustus in the mid-1860s. John took up a military career after turning 16, primarily serving in the 5th Legion. In 1898, he married his third cousin then Princess Joanna of Latium; they had 5 children, of which 4 survived to adulthood, including Latin Emperor Constantine XIX. John had a storied military, political and court career, serving as Counts Palatine of Belfras and Count of the East on multiple occasions. He briefly served as Master of Offices and Count of the Chancery from 1940 until 1941.
Count Palatine of Belfras
Count of the East
Marriage and family
Titles, styles and arms
- 8 June 1880 – 30 December 1899: Lord of Coriallum
- 30 December 1899 – 1 March 1909: Counte of Ratiara
- 1 March 1909 – 9 June 1922: His Grace The Duke of Beroea
- 9 June 1922 – 14 February 1933: His Imperial Majesty The Emperor
- 14 February 1933 – 6 January 1964: His Imperial Majesty The Duke of Beroea, Father of the Emperor
- Latium: Knight of the Ancient Equestrian Order
- Latium: Knight of the Sacred Order of Golden Eagle
- Latium: Knight Grand Cross of the Most Excellent Order of the Crown
- Latium: Member of the Order of Grass Crown