Passenger rail transport in Menghe
is the largest and busiest passenger rail transportation
network in Septentrion
, measured in terms of ridership and distance of track. The national rail monopoly, Menghe Railways, recorded 1.5 billion passenger trips in 2019, an average of 2.9 per Menghean citizen. This does not count trips on municipal rapid transit systems; Donggyŏng
alone exceeded 3 billion metro passenger trips in the same year. Menghe also has the longest high-speed rail network
in Septentrion, with over 21,000 kilometers of track operating at the end of 2020. Rail directions
in Menghe designate routes as either "up" (상행 / 上行, sanghaeng
) or "down" (하행 / 下行, hahaeng
), depending on the approximate direction of travel. These do not directly correspond to altitudes or compass directions. Rather, "up" describes routes moving toward Baekjin at Menghe's northeast corner, and "down" describes routes moving toward Samtay at Menghe's southwest corner. This practice originated when Federal Railways finished re-gauging the line from Baekiin to Sunju, which ran diagonally across the country. (See more...
- IIWiki is now on Patreon! If you can spare a dollar or two to help us obtain and maintain a better system to manage our community's load, please consider it.
- Welcome FAKOLANA as our newest staff member! Feel free to beat him to resolve front-end issues.
- PLEASE limit your image uploads to ease server load. Imgur, Commons, and Wikipedia are still the preferred image hosts. Do not upload regional maps.
- Please do not blank pages. If you no longer want an article, request its deletion. Also remember to request deletion of images you are not using in articles. Your help will improve IIWiki stability!
- Maximum amount of "In the News/In the News of the Future" headlines is seven. Remember, one headline per user at a time.
- Please review our Standards and Conventions page before submitting articles or editing.
- Anyone with a suspicious username (eg 'Hjzc871x6x') will be deleted on-the-spot. This is due to vandalism concerns. Please make sure that when you sign up, you have an appropriate username, preferably your NS nation.