This article is incomplete because it is pending further input from participants, or it is a work-in-progress by one author.
Please comment on this article's talk page to share your input, comments and questions.
Note: To contribute to this article, you may need to seek help from the author(s) of this page.
|Area||XXX km2 |
XXX sq mi
|Population density||XX/km2 (XX/sq mi)|
Olympus is a planet located in the Olympian Solar System2, which consists of 8 planets. These are, in order of closest to the sun; Hermes, Aphrodite, Greater Olympus, Ares, Zeus, Cronos, Poseidon, and Hades. Greater Olympus also has one moon and it's only natural satellite, Selene. Olympus along with the rest of the Olympian Solar System was formed billions of years ago from a solar nebula. Olympus has a long history of development from the earliest microscopic organisms to the now large nation-states that inhibit it today. Today over a billion people depend on Olympus's abundant natural resources and varied biosphere. Humans have developed many diverse cultures and societes; politically there are over 401 nations.
The History of Olympus follows a somewhat similar path as Earth has up until about the Medieval Era. The largest distinction between Earth and Olympus emerge from this time period. Unlike Earth there was no “Great Divergence” between one continent and the rest nor was a “new world” discovered. Instead the sharing of ideas following innovations in ship building sparked an era of rational thought not unlike the renaissance and enlightenment throughout the world. The industrial revolution had heartlands throughout the world as industries collected themselves in dispersed pockets. That is not to say that this is a world of peace but it has kept the world far more fractured than our own. Regional powers exist but none strong enough to truly unite a region under its control. Superpowers have not risen from great empires and colonization as we know it, is a rare sight. Yes Olympus is similar to our own world but at the same time quite unique.
The following is a list of the 7 internationally officially recognized continents, as well as Kyros.
The following are all the internationally recognized, independent countries currently in the world.
|Short and formal names||Capital||Population||Area (km²)||Density (km²)||Government|
|Auhlervia - Republic of Auhlervia||Hagulsburg||86,833,419||Federal Parliamentary Republic|
|Ackesia - Greater Ackesian Republic||Beldon||60,942,823||3,738,263.1||16.3||Unitary Presidential Republic|
|Al-Meriq - Sultanate of Al-Meriq||Djerb||27,038,402||Absolute Monarchy|
|Altair - The Altarian Empire||Altair||85,000,000||Federal Republic|
|Arideo - Kingdom of Arideo||Gvardio de Monteto||26,354,868||178,165.74||147.9||Absolute Monarchy|
|Ascolla-East Ternev - United Kingdoms of Ascolla-East Ternev||Tardania||41,874,284||Unitary Constitutional Monarchy|
|Bnnu - Emirate of Bnnu||Sifaks||27,364,698||Absolute Monarchy|
|Grenzeria - Kingdom of Grenzeria||Breisgau||46,367,000||Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy|
|Jashnagar - Transcendent Kingdom of Jashnagar||Yuram||60,789,542||473,902||128||Ecclesiastic-Republic|
|Karodova - Republic of Karodova||Wisłonicz||53,756,362||622,172.5||86.4||Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic|
|Larova - Grand Duchy of Larova||Cellherto||42,140,527||Crowned Republic|
|Lunderfrau - Matriarchy of Lunderfrau||Laubenhugel||55,914,129||257,127.08||217||Absolute Monarchy|
|Lykens - Federal Republic of Lykens||Lykens||63,145,498||2,016,262.4||Federal Parliamentary Republic|
|Meronnia - République Fédérale de Mèronie||Senone||66,762,700||Federal Semi-Presidential Republic|
|Oceania - The Oceanian Republic||Annheim||96,201,987||Unitary Presidential Republic|
|Parthonopia - Kingdom of Parthonopia||Ancona||123,891,908||406,603.98||305||Absolute Monarchy|
|Produzland - Kingdom of Produzland||Burlon||61,432,763||434,622.52||141||Absolute Monarchy|
|Sepura - Sepuranese People's Republic||Tengākau||18,913,127||Dictatorship|
|Sino Manala - Republic of Sino Manala||Gate||15,384,571||Presidential Dictatorship|
|Storsnia - United Republic of Storsnia||Farsund||36,474,870||5,209,169.42||7||Federal Parliamentary Republic|
|Tauke Manuye - Empire of Tauke Manuye||Botau||59,380,605||Absolute Monarchy|
|Tero Malstreciga - Respubliko Tero Malstreciga||Urbo de Liberico||Unitary Presidential Republic|
|TSPR - Tanaya Soviet People's Republic||Plamen||60,124,000||Council Republic|
|Valley Green - Federal Republic of Valley Green||Van Der Stam||Federal Parliamentary Republic|
|Velkanika - People's Republic of Velkanika||Kuvongrad||Single-party Federal Socialist Republic|
|Winst - Republic of Winst||Silvus||86,562,241||640,940.86||135||Unitary Parliamentary Republic|
|Zanaro - Zanarite Commonwealth||Torman||Federal Monarchy|
Religions that have a sizable following in Greater Olympus
- Anomai- A panentheistic faith originating in Jashnagar that is concerned with the transcendence of the individual and soul. Maists seek to leave the most positive impact by exhibiting Rasa, or virtue, as they view existence as never ending. Maism is split into distinct schools and is notable for a religious state in Jashnagar.
- Beoin- A monotheistic faith based around the teachings of the Prophet Beo. Beoin has diversified from it's origins leading to various sects forming due to political and religious reasons. Some sects follow Magi as a religious leader while others are more decentralized. Beoin is therefore more a collection of religious movements based on the teachings of Beo.
- Eventualism- A nontheistic faith originating in Tero Malstreciga and based on the concept of Teleturgy, devised by Beckett Katida in 1949. Eventualists believe that each individual has an inner Ego, similar to the concept of a soul, which is the real self. The Ego can be Empowered by a system of Auditing, which removes Impediments which Eventualists believe weaken the Ego. The Eventualist Movement is a centralized organization run like a corporation, and is banned as a dangerous cult in several nations.
- Nosoumettrons- A monotheistic faith originating in Meronnia based on the Black Book written by an unknown individual known as the Hanged Man within the faith. Nosoumettrons believe in the existence of the Demiurge, the malevolent creator. The faith was heavily suppressed for its insistence that God is evil and should be resisted.
- Soriven- A polytheistic faith originating in Zanaro and based on the teachings of Kuruss Minimo. The primary goal of the Soriven faith is to live in accordance with Chi'Kaijii, or living in harmony with nature to attain enlightenment and escape the cycle of reincarnation. There are several major Soriven traditions. Each tradition shares the same overall beliefs and cosmology but have different rituals, practices and emphasize different aspects of the faith.
- Trônisme- A transtheistic faith originating in Meronnia based on the beliefs of classical Druids. The Thronists believe in the existence of nature spirits, fairies, and gods, as well as overarching esoteric existential concepts, though much of the actual Thronist faith is unpracticed by members. The faith is organized into a system of fraternal Lodges and in modern times they are often seen more like an exclusive club than a religion.