Montecara Pòrta Conìxia railway station
|Location||Plàça Conìxia 1|
|Owned by||State of Montecara|
|Bicycle facilities||Rental and secure parking|
|Opened||16 April 1870|
Montecara's first train infrastructure was built in the 1830s when it was part of the Gaullican Empire. Steam trains ran between the island's port facilities, city center, and outlying villages, complementing the Port of Montecara and allowing for goods and workers to be transported much more easily than was possible using only horse-powered transportation. Pòrta Conìxia was intended to serve as a central station for the local rail lines that crisscrossed the island by the mid-19th century as well as a ferry terminal that would allow for easy connections to mainland Euclea.
The station was the first major edifice in Montecara to be built in the Stìl Dècora style that was coming into vogue in 1860s Euclea. The architect, Demètrio Ribi, was one of the most famous Montecaran architects of the late 19th century and went on to design public buildings in Florena and Etruria, among other countries.
The station has undergone several renovations, the most recent of which was completed in 2012.