Featured ArticleFlorentina. The models in the painting are thought to be Florentina's mother Tereza, brother Eduard, his fiancée and later wife Denice and his cousin Felix. It is believed that it is Tereza and Eduard standing by the harbor in the background of the painting, with Denice and Felix sitting turned away from the painter in the foreground. Although the scene projects affluent domesticity, it is by no means a family portrait. Florentina's relations with his father were tense that summer, owing to family disapproval of the young artist's liaison with his companion Denice. The painting was initially bought by the Sopava Fine Arts Museum in 1926 following the passing of Florentina, when his children were selling paintings he had left in his home. The buying price was believed to be $15 million, which adjusted to modern inflation was around $150 million. It remained in the museum, where it became a world-famous piece as it was the centerpiece of the museum's renaissance section of arts. It was in 1988 that the painting went on auction, being brought by the International Museum of Fine Arts for around $120 million (Now valued at $800 million). (See more...)
IIWiki is an online, web-based, free encyclopedia for the creation and display of fictional content produced by members of NationStates, though is unaffiliated with NationStates. The focus of the wiki is on Simulated and Speculative Fictional content, including Alt History, Mythopoeia, Conlang, Geofiction, and other elements of Worldbuilding.
IIWiki seeks to create an in-character environment where users can create and share content and lore. We expect encyclopedic articles and worldbuilding according to the Wikipedia Manual of Style, which is to say neutral, professional, and focused.
- 16 May 2022 We have updated our main page for a fresh new look suitable for this decade. All thanks go to Ozycaevias for the design.
- 27 Mar 2022 For some reason we've added MonoBook as a possible skin. Feel free to switch to it if for some reason you like how it looks
- 18 Jan 2022 The Library namespace is now available for posting narratives, and has a subtly different style than the usual
- 17 Jan 2022 The default skin has been switched back to Vector.
- 5 Jan 2020 IIWiki has been updated to MediaWiki 1.34, which brings a number of functional, security, and stability improvements.
In the News
- The Social Democratic Party of Germany gains a plurality in the 2022 German federal election.
- The light blue bloc wins a plurality in the 2022 Akashian general election.
- Petre Lemetre wins Worldvision Song Contest 99 taking place in Densmouth, Carrelie representing Britonisea with the song "Disillusioned".
- Gherph IF makes history as the first team in the history of the Frarstizk A Liig Dofriɣ to have an 0-0-34 record. The entire team was arrested soon after for fixing their results, and the club went bankrupt.
- 32 people are injured when a train collides with a bus in Godfrey, Le-Grand-Godfrey, Cavala.
- SV Mai wins their first ever title in the 2021-22 Shodiax Piruen Iede Season, with defending champion Vovilveante XCT taking runner-up.
- Hereward the Woke takes power in Thamesholm after killing the king during his coronation.
This month in history
- 2006 – An EF4 tornado struck downtown Ogino (pictured) in Torisakia on Independence Day, killing 84 people.
- 2010 – Ruvelka launched Operation Homefront, the final offensive of the Zemplen War.
- 1910 – The Gentu Heritage & Culture Remembrance Organisation is founded in Cavala.
- 1614 – Cadenzan forces captured Portus Regalis from the Empire of Exponent, beginning the War of the Magpie and the Dragon.
- A landslide occurs in New Cardiff, Philimania after heavy rainfall, killing 2 people.
Regions and Communities