2021 Lisvonya Conflict
This article is incomplete because it is pending further input from participants, or it is a work-in-progress by one author.
Please comment on this article's talk page to share your input, comments and questions.
Note: To contribute to this article, you may need to seek help from the author(s) of this page.
The First War
|First Lisvonyan war|
Destroyed city bloc in Dœuvensteinburg
|Commanders and leaders|
30 Artillery Pieces
10 Artillery Pieces
|Casualties and losses|
In early February 2021, Shaunteville-La-Patrici passed an extremely discriminatory legislation against Krenyan minority living in Shaunteville, bordering genocide. In response Krenya quickly mobilized its border forces and its motorized units went onto high alert.
At 19:55 hours, February 11th, Krenyan armed forces received an order to cross Shauntevillean border and by 20:15 hours, at least 20 border crossings were confirmed by Shauntevillean border forces, which were overrun in less than a hour.
With a small paratroop unit, deployed north of Dœuvensteinburg, in the rear of quickly mobilized police forces deployed in the first line to hold at least until morning, quickly created a risk of encirclement for the poorly prepared shauntevillean forces. At 05:00 on February 12th, first specialized Shauntevillean units reached the frontline, however, at the moment, Krenyan forces already advanced between 100 and 200 kilometers into Shaunteville.
At 6:15, small Krenyan air raid happened over the centre of Dœuvensteinburg to cripple it as a communication hub. At least 200 civilians died in the bombing raid. Around the same time, central authority of Shaunteville was informed about the invasion. High Queen Celestinia Deu' eus Sanglain, finding out about the invasion and the loss of up to 10,000 square kilometers overnight, quickly decided to halt the war and call for a ceasefire. High commander of the Shauntevillean armed forces called for artillery bombardment of multiple advancing Krenynan batallions and multiple politicians contacted their respective regions to speed up the extermination of ethnic Krenyans.
Sekidean Union steps in
At 12:15 on February 12th, Krenyan leader Rudolf Kren informed the leaders of the Sekidean Union of the yesterday's invasion. Leaders of the other Sekidean Union member states quickly reacted with a strong disapproval to the escalation and the fact, that they have not been informed about the advance beforehand. By 15:45, all Sekidean Union members quickly drafted a ceasefire proposal to stop the advancing armies and to prevent more civilian deaths.
At 16:15, Shauntevillean High Queen agreed to stop the war, as Krenyan forces were quickly overruning her own forces and have already reached outskirts of Dœuvensteinburg, a metropolis in the wedge of territory owned by Shaunteville that reaches into Krenya. However, the only delegation, that included both Sekidean and Shauntevillean representatives at the time was in Jeseko overseeing the cleaning of the Jeseko nuclear disaster.
Representants from Gadorien, Mustelaria, Kentalis, Krenya and Shaunteville, overall nuclear scientists, were informed about the need to sign a treaty on the behalf of their countries by 17:00.
The document, that was agreed upon by all sides and was signed by the energetic delegations of the two sides in Jeseko came to be known as Jeseko accords. The treaty had 12 points, all were agreed upon by both sides:
The Jeseko Accords,
regarding the conflict between the Grand Duchy of Krenya and the Dictatorship of Shaunteville-La-Patrici:
1. Krenya agrees to create a semi-independent state, called Lisvonya, in the areas under Krenyan control in Shaunteville
2. Lisvonya should be demilitarized to Krenyan military and should have its own seperate defense force
3. South and East Shauntevillean as well as Krenyan should be recognized as official languages of Lisvonya, with every other language having over 25% of the population given this status too
4. People with permanent residency in Lisvonya get automatically Krenyan citizenship and can requrest Shaunteviller citizenship without any blockage from the Krenyan side
5. People born in Lisvonya automatically recieve dual citizenship, their biological parents or tutors have the right to renounce one of those until the kid reaches 18 years, then this right goes to the new adult
6. National minorities can not be disfavoured by Lisvonyan government under any circumstances
7. Lisvonya would be a bicameral representative democracy, leaders of both chambers cannot be the same nationality
8. Border crossings between Lisvonya and Shaunteville shall remain open for citizens with valid Shauntevillean citizenship to cross freely with only minor check
9. Krenya is responsible for paying damages caused by war in Lisvonya
10. Shaunteville agrees to deport all remaining Krenyans to Lisvonya (instead of killing them)
11. Krenya agrees to pay 7bn ACU as war reparations to Shaunteville
12. New organs for local representation of the semi-independent country will be created in Dœuvensteinburg as its new capital
Signed: Delegates of Krenya, delegates of Shaunteville-La-Patrici and delegates from Kentalis, Mustelaria and Gadorien, representing the Sekidean Union's will.
The treaty was quickly enforced and after multiple other discussions, by 6:00 next day (February 13th), advance of Krenyan forces stopped and the new independent Republic of Lisvonya was established. Shaunteville-La-Patrici, however, decided to reorganize its armies and strike back on Krenya.
Three days later, on February 16th, a new resolution in the World Assembly was passed, officially advising AWA member countries to recognize Lisvonya as a client state of Krenya. This later came to shift the view of the global community from favoring Shaunteville to favoring Krenya (Independent Lisvonya) as a rightful owner/overseer of Lisvonya.
Around the same time, Krenyan garrison was replaced with peacekeepers from Vultesia (third party neutral country) in accordance with the peace treaty.
The Second War
|Second Lisvonya Conflict|
Krenyan artillery positions, 23 February 2021
|Commanders and leaders|
36 Artillery Pieces
|Casualties and losses|
74 killed (civilian)|
183 killed (millitary)
Republic of Lisvonya
and largest city
|Government||Bicameral democratic republic|
• 2021 estimate
|Currency||Shaunt Franc (SPF)|