Republic of Montemadia
República de Montemadia
|Map of Montemadia|
Map of Montemadia
|Recognised national languages||Castellinos (creole with a Stillian lexical base)|
|Recognised regional languages||variants of the Castellinos (Toscan, Eneran, Mariachos...)|
|Government||Unitary semi-presidential constitutionnal republic|
• President of the Republic
• President of the Chamber of the Ministers
• President of the Popular Assembly
|Carlos Dom Cabo San Lucas|
|Chamber of the Ministers|
|Sovereign State |
Under the tutelage of San Castellino because of the Montedoux Agreements
|[convert: invalid number]|
• 2015 census
|11 392 017|
|GDP (PPP)||2018 estimate|
|58 610 000 000|
|GDP (nominal)||2018 estimate|
|39 920 000 000|
• Per capita
|Currency||Montemadian Peseta (MOP)|
This article is incomplete because it is pending further input from participants, or it is a work-in-progress by one author.
Please comment on this article's talk page to share your input, comments and questions.
Note: To contribute to this article, you may need to seek help from the author(s) of this page.
Montemadia, officially the Republic of Montemadia (Stillian : República de Montemàdia) is a country located in western Mesothalassa in Alharu on Eurth. The country had a population of 11 392 017 inhabitants in 2012 and covers an area of approximatly 140 000 km2. It is landlocked between San Castellino, Rio de Enero and San Lorenzo. Montemadia is devided in half by a mountain range, with a tropical and temperate climate of the North and a desertic climate at the North. The capital city is San-Juan-de-la-Cruz-de-Nuestro-Señor-Jesús-del-Río-San-Julián-el-Hospitalario, shorterned to San-Juan-de-la-Cruz.
Montemadia is a unitary semi-presidential constitutionnal republic, which means that it is democracy. The President of the Republic as a lot of power but is balanced by a bicameral legislative body which has to approuve the laws. Montemadia, part of the iverican colony of San Constatino, takes his independance from the first Republic of San Castellino during the new lyrian war of independance. The country has always been particularly unstable, oscillating between corrupt liberal democracies, military juntas and populist dictatorships. The current president, Francisco Francisquèz, who is also the previous dictator of the country, returned to power thanks to the Montedoux agreements, on condition that he respects the new democratic constitution. The first free elections of the new republic are planned for the end of the year 2022.
The montemadian economy is mostly based on the extraction of copper in the central moutain range, saltpeter in the Southern Yuvanos and agriculture in the southern tropical and temperate regions (maize, beans, potatoes). Due to the Montedoux Agreements, Montemadia is placed under the tutelage of San Castellino, thus having a right of review in the montemadian politic and economic sphere.
(WIP. Landscape. Climate.)
- Huge mountains at the South, desertic at the north.
- The capital city is San-Juan-de-la-Cruz-de-Nuestro-Señor-Jesús-del-Río-San-Julián-el-Hospitalario. It is shortened to San-Juan-de-la-Cruz. The city is located in the South-West of the country, at the source of the river San Juliàn el Hospitalario.
- Montemadia was part of the colony of San Constantino, controled by Iverica.
- After the independance of San Castellino, Montemadia took his independance during the New Lyrian war of independance and the San Castellinos government had no choice to peacefully let Montemadia go in order to avoid a two front war. Even after his independance, Montemadia always been under the San Castellino's sphere of influence, like Eldorado.
- The montemadian military junta, which had been behind the declaration of independence, write a constitution based on the europans democratic constitutions. Beginning of the first Republic of Montemadia.
- September 1, 1889 : coup d'Etat by General Juliàn Hiancita, starting the "Revolución Nacional", modelled on the political agenda of the castellinos General Rodrigo Rodriguez
- "Liberal revolution" of 19 June 1895, ending the Hiancita regime. Beginning of the second Republic of Montemadia.
- February 1896 : The ruling liberals are pursuing a policy of high-speed liberalisation of the castellinos economy, leading to a huge economic crisis.
- July 08, 1898 : Hiancita is recalled to power to solve the economic crisis. He regulates the banking system, takes a loan, pursue a major works policy, develop the mining sector, which successfully contain the crisis. At the start of 1900, Montemadia knows an era of economic prosperity. Hiancita re-establishes free elections in 1900 and is elected in 1900 and in 1907.
- Hiancita was assassinated by an anarchist militant on 03 August 1911.
- The end of the Hiancita authoritarian regime plunges the country back into instability. Hiancita's successor, Carlos Rimenèz, narrowly elected, tries to maintain an authoritarian policy.
- October 26, 1912 : Carlos Rimenèz tries to dissolve the legislative body but the army takes the side of the Parliament. Carlos Rimenèz is executed for crime against the Republic the 04 November of the same year.
- Montemadia had to face the pressure of San Lorenzo, which, under the impulse of New Lyria, wanted to acquire the northern part of the Yuvanos region because of its saltpetre reserves. On 28 May 1914, the Lorenzos army crossed the Montemadian border. A 5-year war between Montemadia and San Lorenzo followed, with these countries being armed by San Castellino and New Lyria respectively, ending with San Lorenzo's victory. On 13 March 1919, the Treaty of San-Juan-de-la-Cruz obliged Montemadia to cede the northern half of the Yuvanos region to San Lorenzo.
- The pro-San Castellino nationalist candidate Francisco Francisquèz, elected in 1992, changed the constitution in order to be able to be re-elected without limit. Since 1992, the president of Montemadia is still Francisco Francisquèz.
As Carlos Da Baya wrote it in his book "The eternal doom of Montemadia", the history of Montemadia looks to follow always the same schematic. The young mondemadian liberal democracy is quickly reached by corruption and clientelism. The people, neglected, manifest his anger. At this moment, an opportunist - olligarch, general, etc - which is not in charge of the power proposes a populist agenda with social progress and strong nationalism. The people, charmed by the candidate, helps him to reach the power, whether through a coup d'Etat, a revolution or a legal election. The opportunist, having reached the power, neglect the people. The last, angered, revolts against the regime. A group of olligarchs takes the revolution in charge and establish again a liberal democracy. And the circle restarts again. However, there are some exceptions like the general Hiancita and the ranchero Sapàtaz which, although their very bloody regimes, are seen at Montemadia as heroes because, under their rule, the Montemadians were not starving, at least.
(WIP. Government. Political parties. Foreign relations. Military.)
President Francisco Francisquèz has been in power since 1992. He follows a pro-San Castellino nationalist policy.
A popular revolution, the 13th of September, 2021, put an end of the authoritarian regime of Francisco Francisquèz.
(WIP. Eployment. Exports. Energy. Transport. Media. Currency.)
(WIP. Ethnic groups. Language. Religion. Health. Education.)
(WIP. Literature. Visual arts. Music. Cuisine. Sport.)
Culture is Latino-American, northern Mexican to be precise.
- Request NPC : Montemadia (21 August 2021)