Photograph of Eurth, taken during the EOS munar mission in 1973
(92955902 mi; 1.00000102 AU)
|6371.0 km (3958.8 mi)|
|510072000 km2 (196940000 sq mi)|
|Volume||1.08321×1012 km3 (2.59876×1011 cu mi)|
|Mass||5.97237×1024 kg (1.31668×1025 lb)|
|5.514 g/cm3 (0.1992 lb/cu in)|
|9.807 m/s2 (1 g; 32.18 ft/s2)|
|11.186 km/s (40270 km/h; 25020 mph)|
|1 atm (100 kPa)|
Eurth, also known as Earth (Anglish), Alemi (Oharic), or Aerta (Alemannisch), is the fourth planet from the San. It is the only heavenly body in the cosmos known to accommodate life. There are eight million types of animals and plants in the Wurld. Eight million different solutions to staying alive. Scientific analysis and radiometric determination have concluded that Eurth developed over 4 billion years ago. The Eurth rotates around the San in 365 and ¼ days, a period commonly accepted as Eurth year. The seasons are formed by the inclination of the rotational axis in the direction of the orbital surface.
The Mun is an astronomical body that orbits planet Eurth. It is Eurth's only stable natural satellite. The gravitational relation between Eurth and the Mun has many effects: it causes oceanic tides, stabilisation of the planetary axis, and gradual reduction of Eurth's spin. Eurth is the most solid planet in the Sanar System, and the largest of the Eurrestrial planets.
The world contains a large variety of nations where the people speak many languages, such as Anglish, Tagmatine, Adapton, Suverin, Oharic, and Iverican. They also speak thousands of other languages. According to the latest census data, the Eurth is home to about 5 billion human beings.
The current Anglish word Eurth evolved from an earlier variant of Early Anglish or Old Alemmanisch. The earliest sources mention eorðe as a translation of gaia in Occidental Arhoman and erta in East-Arhoman. In this context, it refers to the ground or dry soil in contrast to the wet sea. In Oharic the word alemi translates to "world".
Eurth has an approximate total land area of 131,750,000 km2 (50,870,000 sq mi). The remaining 74.17% is covered by water. The land is divided into seven continents. A continent is one of several very large landmasses of the world. Identified by convention rather than any strict criteria, we commonly regard up to seven regions as continents. Ordered alphabetically, these continents are:
|Map of the Continents||Continent||Approx. total area|
|Alharu||32,400,000 km2 (12,500,000 sq mi)|
|Antargis||17,800,000 km2 (6,900,000 sq mi)|
|Argis||17,200,000 km2 (6,600,000 sq mi)|
|Aurelia||13,500,000 km2 (5,200,000 sq mi)|
|Europa||40,500,000 km2 (15,600,000 sq mi)|
|Marenesia||6,500,000 km2 (2,500,000 sq mi)|
|Thalassa||3,850,000 km2 (1,490,000 sq mi)|
- Alharu means "hot" in Sahrabic. The continent is located between Argis and Aurelia. Much of the Alharun coast was colonised, though parts of it did manage to resist and prosper under indigenous cultures, such as the southern highlands and the massive inland desert. Alharu can be classified as a second-world region, with an average GDP per capita of less than $25,000.
- Antargis means "opposite of Argis". The continent encompasses the South Pole. Interestingly, a peninsula of the continent is warm enough to be inhabited year-round. The rest of the continent is divided among several powers, with a portion of it being an international zone where any state can build research facilities. Stationing military forces on the continent is prohibited by international treaty.
- Argis means "white" in Proto-Europan. It is the northernmost continent. Many states here are inspired by Europa and are populated by Aroman or Buranian cultures and ethnicities.
- Aurelia means "golden" in Occidental Arhoman. It lies south of Alharu. Though technically part of the Alharun continent, Aurelia developed quite differently. The continent is culturally diverse. It is a generally poor area.
- Europa means "land of the father" in Proto-Europan. It is the northeastern continent. Many states here are inspired by Afro-Eurasia and are populated by cultures and ethnicities of old-wurld origin. Europan nations colonised much of the Eurth. Nowadays, the weakened Europan states are seeking to regain their lost glory.
- Marenesia means "sea islands" in East-Arhoman. Its islands form the bridge between the old Europa and new wurld. Marenesia is very diverse, both culturally and politically.
- Thalassa means "sea" in Occidental Arhoman. It is home to many islands that fill the Oriental Ocean. It is home to islander cultures, who sailed their way across the islands from ancient Europa to Argis, Alharu and Aurelia.
Eurth is a blue planet. The presence of water on its surface is unique in the Sanar system. The main bodies of water in the hydrosphere are the oceans. Ancient Aroma describes the existence of Seven Seas. Since the Elevation these are considered to be the seven oceanic bodies of water: Adisi Ocean, Adlantic Ocean (north and south), Antargic Ocean, Argic Ocean and Oriental Ocean (north and south). The deepest underwater location is the $Name Deep of the $Name Trench in the $Select Ocean, with a depth of $Number m ($Number ft). Minor seas include: Azure Sea, Canamo Sea, Dolch Sea, Kosscow Sea, Qingming Sea, Raga Sea, Sunset Sea, Verde Sea, Whanganui Sea, Ygros Sea.
(Explain lithosphere. Which is the oldest plate? Where are the oldest rocks? Explain subduction. List the major tectonic plates from largest to smallest. Any difference between fast and slow pates?)
(Rewrite: "The Köppen climate classification divides climates into five main climate groups, with each group being divided based on seasonal precipitation and temperature patterns. The five main groups are A (tropical), B (dry), C (temperate), D (continental), and E (polar)." Explain extremes. Biggest desert. Coldest climate. Warmest place. Link with biomes, fauna and flora. Also mention marine biomes.)
Eurth is the home-world of Eumanity, the only known intelligent life in the Euniverse. The earliest eumanoids were the Europithecus afropensis. It appeared about two million years ago and, in several early migrations, it spread throughout southwestern Europa. This region includes such nations as Jilderen, Cabarria, Afropa, Bhalman and Dragonryders. It was likely the first euman species to live in a hunter-gatherer society and to control fire. An adaptive and successful species, Europithecus afropensis persisted for more than a million years, and gradually diverged into new species by around 500,000 years ago, most notably Europithecus saharensis which adapted to live in a savannah-like climate of that time in Sa Hara.
The history of Eurth has always been at the mercy of its geography. Mountains climb and crumble in the cycle of creation and corrosion. Fertile valleys become barren deserts. Rivers flow and flood, or divert and dry up. Eumanity has learned to defeat these obstacles. People level mountains, terrace slopes with plants and irrigate the deserts of Amutia or Alharu. Technology has allowed the construction of sailing fortresses to cross the sea, or giant metal birds to climb the sky. But a single hurricane can destroy in one minute a city that took centuries to construct; one iceberg can sink the sailing city and send a thousand travellers sinking to the bottom of the Adlantic Ocean. When rains run too rare, then colossal cities are covered under the sands, as in once-mighty Memopotamia. When it falls too furiously, then trees strangle societies, as in Azania. Generations of peoples establish a growing dominance over the Eurth, but their final fate is to become fossils under the fields.
This is a list of countries and dependent territories on Eurth by population. It includes sovereign states, inhabited dependent territories and, in some cases, constituent countries of sovereign states. The population figures do not reflect the practice of countries that report significantly different populations of citizens domestically and overall.
|Adaptus||Novumcastrum||224,540,000||Europa||Parliamentary constitutional monarchy|
|Ahrana||Moskovo||27,023,660||Argis||Federal Parliamentary Constitutional Diarchy|
|Argenland||New Buenos Aires||13,060,000||Europa||Parliamentary republic|
|Ateenia||Atha||4,321,779||Argis||Elective Absolute Monarchy|
|Bainbridge Islands||Honolulu||18,900,000||Europa||Constitutional monarchy|
|Byzantium Nova||Konstantinopoli||26,000,000||Europa||Parliamentary constitutional monarchy|
|Cabarria||Kanamar||26,650,000||Europa||Parliamentary constitutional monarchy|
|Cristina||Cristina||7,453,682||Europa||Parliamentary constitutional monarchy|
|Damak Var||Avantine||15,500,000||Europa||Presidential republic|
|Ebrary||Ceres||22,130,469||Argis||Unitary dominionist presidential Christian republic|
|Faramount||New Limone||33,800,000||Alharu||Presidential republic|
|Fravina||Port de Sang||37,654,800||Argis||Parliamentary republic|
|Fulgistan||Bogd Gioro||32,000,000||Alharu||Council republic|
|Gallambria||Bromwich||57,990,240||Marenesia||Parliamentary constitutional monarchy|
|Greater Serbia||Beograd||39,000,000||Argis||Authoritarian republic|
|Haruspex||Chel de Yorn||119,733,589||Europa||Imperialist Military Autocracy|
|Havebergen||Stolstad||7,673,000||Europa||Parliamentary constitutional monarchy|
|Ide Jima||Darhan||152,400,000||Europa||Authoritarian republic|
(Argis and Alharu)
|Constitutional Semi-Presidential Parliamentary Republic|
|Jaihu||Zao Jaihu||63,190,000||Europa||Absolute monarchy|
|Karthenia||Karthene City||9,490,000||Europa||Parliamentary republic|
|Little Flau||Aulon||423,567||Aurelia||(Confederal republic)|
|Llalta||Saint Christopher||3,136||Argis||Parliamentary constitutional monarchy|
|Lysian Republic||Couer||20,372,959||Europa||Parliamentary republic|
|Metztlitlaca||Altepetl Tekaken||21,060,400||Alharu||(Archpriest Dominion)|
|Mirian Republic||Mir||67,000,000||Europa||Presidential republic|
|Mokhavia||Moshkal||5,260,000||Argis||Federal parliamentary republic|
|Nan Gorgwaith||Osgiliath||7,248,000||Europa||Authoritarian republic|
|Orioni||O'polis||144,800,000||Europa||Parliamentary constitutional monarchy|
|Prymont||New Halsham||12,011,000||Argis||Presidential republic|
|Red Iberic Workers||Puerto Naxos||16,350,000||Europa||Council republic|
|Rekamgil||Rekamgil City||22,860,000||Europa||Presidential republic|
|Sa Hara||Khwarezm||62,000,000||Europa||Authoritarian republic|
|San Ba||Xiàmian||17,660,000||Europa||Presidential republic|
|San Castellino||Gazallenoa||19,530,000||Alharu||Authoritarian Republic|
|Sanctum Imperium Catholicum||Deopolis||23,001,900||Marenesia||Presidential republic|
|Selayar||Ratnapura||1,598,332||Aurelia||Parliamentary constitutional monarchy|
|Seylos||Selbourne||27,354,000||Argis||Parliamentary constitutional monarchy|
|Social Democratic Confederation||Tarentum||22,500,000||Europa||(Confederal republic)|
|Sunset Sea Islands||Sunset City||164,627,827||Thalassa||Presidential republic|
|Suverina||Chisnau||111,815,000||Europa||Parliamentary constitutional monarchy|
|Tagmatium||Tagmatika||253,491,524||Europa||Parliamentary constitutional monarchy|
|Tal Shiar||Telemanica||5,800,000||Europa||Council republic|
(Alharu and Argis)
|Vetok||Carrishem||11,212,000||Europa||Parliamentary constitutional monarchy|
|Yuropa||Centridge City||61,600,000||Europa||Constitutional monarchy|
- Cristina: The city of Cristina is regarded by the Mantellan government as its third constituent entity.
- Dolchland: The Queendom of Morheim is still considered part of the empire, with its current status officially being that of 'in open revolt' according to the Imperial Government.
- Faramount: Government-in-exile: the People's Republic of Faramount.
- Mauridiviah: Several Madrian groups, the most famous of which being Triunforoh Triunfante, claim legitimate sovereignty over Mauridiviah, but they are not recognised by any nation.
This is a list of historical sovereign states that once existed on Eurth, but have since been dissolved because of conflict, war, rebellion, annexation, or uprising.
|Alexandrian Empire||Adthens||Monarchy in the Occident, historic precursor the Aroman Empire||4th century BCE|
|Archaeminoan Empire||Kobyso, Banogana||Monarchy in Azania||$year - $year|
|Aroman Empire||Aroma||Monarchy in Occidental Europa||250 BCE - 296 CE|
|Babluqiya Sultanate||Taqdir||Monarchy in Amutia||13th - 16th centuries CE|
|Chulo Empire||Pa'pi||Thalassocracy in South Europa||5th century BCE - 2nd century CE|
|Hakkadian Empire||Dagbad||Monarchy in Memopotamia||5th - 14th centuries CE|
|Eternal Empire of Hémus||Mutina, Lilium, Venetia||Monarchy in Amutia||20 CE - 1180 CE|
|Hereskus Empire||$city||Monarchy in Azania||$years|
|Humyara Kingdom||Dhanaa||Monarchy in Azania, became a tributary state of Qubdi||c. 100 BCE - 520 CE|
|Labradoria||Eastminster, Rhodeport||Monarchy in Argis, later formed Delamaria||1704 - 1819|
|Lysian Columbia||Alberta||Colony in Argis, now part of Delamaria and Fravina||1778 - 1819|
|Medani empire||Meda||Monarchy in Orioni||$year - 536 BC|
|Nassaua||Meyerville||Monarchy in Argis, annexed by Delamaria||1787 - 1852|
|Sacred Aroman Realm||$city||Monarchy in Amutia, defeated and dissolved by Nicolas I||$year - 1814|
|Shakyan Mandalas and princely states||Dvaraka||Monarchy in Europa||500s BCE - 500s CE|
|Skrovja||Ikary||Monarchy in Amutia||1377 - 1850|
|Thelarike||$city||Monarchy in Burania, split into Deltannia and Tal Shiar||500s - 1500s CE|
|Xheng Empire||Xhengdu||Monarchy in the Orient, eased to exist in 1029 CE when Buranian nomads invaded and sacked the capital||$year - 1029 CE|
Around 650 BCE, most people believed the Eurth was flat with a sky hanging above it. It wasn't until Classical philosopher Proximander (c. 620 – c. 550 BCE) came along that people began to see that the sky was surrounding us. Later, Aroman philosophers hypothesised that the San, Mun, planets and stars revolved around the Eurth. Humanity held this Eurth-centric view of the universe until the Post-Classical Era. This is when Victor Bronzicus (1464–1523) theorised that the San was really at the centre, with the Eurth, stars and planets revolving around it. Eventually, the scientific establishment accepted his argument. By the early 20th Century, astrophysicists discovered our galaxy to be part of an immeasurably larger cosmic design than what previously thought. Eurth is a mere dust cloud in a universe of galaxies. Then came Hana Sitayini (1897–1966), whose work showed a curved universe. Prior to that, people believed it was flat. She posited that its wavy surface even collected mass so dense as to create canyons, later known as black holes. This leads us to the present-day recognition of a gradually expanding universe, whose extraordinary origin shaped the life we know today.
The Mun is a relatively large, terrestrial, planet-like natural satellite. The gravitational attraction between Eurth and its moon causes the ocean's tides. Some scientists believe the Mun may have dramatically affected the development of life by moderating the planet's climate. The name of the Mun varies in different cultures, being known variously as Muna in Arhoman, Mun in Anglish, Ayibi in Oharic. As of 2020, there were 704 operational, human-made satellites orbiting the planet. There are also inoperative satellites and over 9,000 pieces of tracked space debris. Eurth's largest artificial satellite is the EOS Space Station.
- Socialist Nationalist Nation of Argenland (21 March 2005)
- Kingdom of Assurym (17 May 2006)
- Kingdom of Bainbridge Islands (5 May 2006)
- Byzantine Empire of Byzantium Nova (21 March 2005)
- Overkingdom of Cabarria (21 January 2007)
- Glorious Dominion of Deltannia (5 November 2005)
- Expedition East (13 May 2006)
- Federative Popular Republic of Emakera (13 January 2006)
- Government of Iverica (17 February 2021)
- Holy Empire of Jaihu (29 October 2004)
- Republic of Karthenia (10 February 2005)
- Dictatorship of Nan-GorGwaith (5 May 2006)
- National Comrades of Niederoestereich (21 March 2005)
- Republic of Novanya (10 August 2006)
- Dominion of Rekamgil (12 May 2006)
- Psychotic Dictatorship of Rennd ()
- Social Democratic Confederation (17 June 2007)
- United Republic of Tamurin (27 October 2005)
- Holy Confederacy of Vanarambaion (21 March 2005)
- Overview of The Confederate Republic of Youtabonia (6 September 2016)
- Solar System by Sunset Sea Islands (6 June 2017)
- Mun - Kerbin (1 January 2020)