|A golden medallion with the inscription: "Inventas vitam juvat excoluisse per artes", loosely translated "And they who bettered life on earth by new found mastery."|
Lua error in Module:Wikidata at line 800: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
|Awarded for||Outstanding research, invented groundbreaking techniques or equipment, or made outstanding contributions to society|
|Presented by||Timos Foundation|
|Number of laureates||x laureates|
The Timos Prizes are instituted by the will of Amali Timos (1833-1896), by the Timos Foundation based in Orioni, to people (and to organizations in the case of the Timos Peace Prize) who have done outstanding research, invented groundbreaking techniques or equipment, or made outstanding contributions to society. The Timos Prizes, which are generally awarded annually in the categories listed below, are widely regarded as a respectable commendation on Eurth today.
The prizes were instituted by the final will of Amali Timos, an Orinese geoligist, industrialist, and the exploiter of uranium. Though her work had not directly involved the creation of nuclear weapons, Timos became increasingly uneasy with the military usage of her product. It is said that this was motivated in part by her reading of a premature obituary of herself, published in error by a foreign newspaper who mistook Amali for her sister Ariana when Ariana died, and which condemned Amali as a "proponent of death." So in her will, Amali left 90% of her worth to the establishment of these prizes for "those who, during the preceding year, shall have conferred the greatest benefit on mankind."
- Timos Peace Prize: Karthenia Donor Conference
- Timos Prize in Economic Sciences: European Commercial Alliane
- Timos Prize in Literature: Tagmatium
- Timos Prize in Physics, Chemistry or Technology: Jupiter Mission
- Timos Prize in Physiology or Medicine: he Medicial and Genetic research centre in the central Akiiryan city of Ka
- Peace Prize: the late King Tomasso and former PM Lydia Mauve of the Sunset Sea Islands
- Timos Prize in Economic Sciences: the Trilateral Trade Proposal by Fleur de Lys, Cristina and Magnaeus
- Timos Prize in Journalism: the reporters of Iverica One
- Timos Prize in Environmental Science: the Antargic Treaty Conference
- Peace Prize: President Diego Polo of Mauridiviah
- Timos Prize in Economic Sciences: the Morheim Trade & Industry Zone
- Timos Prize in Journalism: the reporters of the Prymont News Network
- Timos Prize in Environmental Science: the ISTC mission at Simon Station in Antargis