This article is incomplete because it is pending further input from participants, or it is a work-in-progress by one author.
Please comment on this article's talk page to share your input, comments and questions.
Note: To contribute to this article, you may need to seek help from the author(s) of this page.
The Grand Commonwealth of Damak Var
Coat of arms
Motto: The high tide draws near
• The High Executor
The Grand Commonwealth of Damak Var is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Chairman of the Board Lucas North with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population billion are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
- 1 Etymology
- 2 Geography
- 3 History
- 4 Politics
- 5 Economy
- 6 Demographics
- 7 Culture
- 8 References
Damak Var's national animal is the Kraken, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Nitch.
Behold, the thirteen provinces of Damak Var (the name of the province is the name of their largest and capital city which are marked by black dots). Much of the population live in the suburb outskirts and well populated counties outside the city. As well as some large towns and villages in the countryside. There are a few protected wildlife reserves. When leaving the main cities and passing through the outskirts you will see hundreds of thousands of square kilometers of forest. Evergreen trees dominate the countryside creating a beautiful landscape. The peninsula in the east is the only flat land in Damak Var which serves as its agricultural center.
- Avantine (Vonrickover) - This city was renamed to its original name preceding the fall of the old fascist regime. It the capital of the nation and the largest city in all of Damak Var. In it there are countless skyscrapers, as well as a very efficient public transportation system. The city also happens to be the financial center of the country.
- Alesia - Another skyscraper infested city. Many information technology and software companies are based in Alesia. Avantine and Alesia have been vigorously competing against each other in business for over three hundred years with a slight pause during the time of Emperor Imbel.
- Durimanica, Wallerton, Northern Selfax, and Southern Selfax (The Peninsula Cities) - All agriculture products of the nation come from these four provinces. The Peninsula Cities are small, low crime, and generally pleasant.
- Cascade, Covingtal, Ravensdale and Blenheim - These cities first began as small fishing villages but grew into something even larger. Today they host the largest of all Varian fishing fleets, and have grown other industries as well. Deeper the these provinces towards the center of the island the altitude grows higher, creating some of the coldest regions in Damak Var.
- Kenland, Renwick, and Gannington - Southern cities are the countries largest manufacturing centers the most prominent being Renwick. All Southern cities however are poorer cities, with a higher crime rate. High levels of smog and pollution in the air have made these cities a very unpleasant place to visit.
The Grand Council appoints a High Executor to manage day to day affairs and carry out the will of the Grand Council. The High Executor appoints his own Executors to run each government department. Though they have the right to replace him and his cabinet at any moment.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, pro-business individuals juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Education, and Public Transport. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Avantine. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Beef-Based Agriculture industries.
Condemned prisoners spend hours a day sitting in lotus position looking perplexed, cities are engulfed by smog, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes, and mining is the nation's most dangerous occupation. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low.
- The Grand Commonwealth of Damak Var (21 May 2006)