Democratic Republic of Sefesia
República Democràtica de Sefésya
|Map of Sefesia|
Map of Sefesia
|Recognised national languages||Iverican|
|227,600 km2 (87,900 sq mi)|
This article is incomplete because it is pending further input from participants, or it is a work-in-progress by one author.
Please comment on this article's talk page to share your input, comments and questions.
Note: To contribute to this article, you may need to seek help from the author(s) of this page.
Sefesia is a country on Eurth.
(1st paragraph. Name. Location. Borders. Approx population and size. Capital city.)
(2nd paragraph. Political system. Short history in 1 sentence. Link with present in 1 sentence. Head of state.)
(3rd paragraph. Economy in 2 sentences. International relations in 1 sentence.)
(WIP. The name comes from the Sefes people, a Iberian Celtic group. I wanted to bring to light some of Iverica's non-Spanishness for this ex-colony. Another alternative name is "Libertadia". Sefesia/Libertadia's history is primarily sourced from Pre-Roman Iberia, Liberia, South Africa, Rhodesia, and the Huguenots colonies of France.)
(WIP. Landscape. Climate.)
- Sefesia would be a diaspora colony (unlike Mauridiviah and San Castellino) made up of several still-standing Geltic groups within the country of Iverica. Their goal was to establish a new homeland away from the influence of Iverica, thus their colony was primarily found around the arid Aurelian Wastes where your typical Ivericans wouldn't dare settle.
- At first their colony saw intense hardship, but eventually they managed to settle the coastline and used forced labour by the natives to maintain a stable economy throughout the 1600s and 1700s.
- By the late 1800s slavery was increasingly seen in a poor light, and thus Sefesia reformed itself into the Democratic Republic of Sefesia where "all men were equal". In truth the nation became increasingly apartheid with a ruling white class and a servant/working "red" class (as the White Sefesians would call it).
- Several attempts at reforms, coups, and revolutions have all ended in failure and only caused the state to tighten its grip over its population - but a grip can only be so strong before everything slips out between its fingers.
- In the modern day the Democratic Republic of Sefesia have largely become an apatheid isolationist state, although does partake in [any treaties/organisations Asgeirra is in] lightly. Their capital is the city of Tartessus.
(WIP. Government. Political parties. Foreign relations. Military.)
(WIP. Eployment. Exports. Energy. Transport. Media. Currency.)
(WIP. Ethnic groups. Language. Religion. Health. Education.)
(WIP. Literature. Visual arts. Music. Cuisine. Sport.)