O’polis International Airport
O'polis International Airport
|Operator||O'polis Airports Authority|
|Time zone||OST (UTC+9)|
On the formation of Orioni’s first national airlines in 1923, Salendra became the new airline’s operating base. It was from Salendra that Orioni first developed its Europa and long-haul routes to Niederoestereich, Thalassa, and Far Argis, Alharu and Aurelia.
The Salendra Aerodrome Extension Act led to large scale expansion, redevelopment and construction of an improved new airport. They greatly enlarged the airport between 1926 and 1928, with a new complex of buildings being construct alongside Mirabi Road, including the first purpose-designed airport terminal and air traffic control tower, an airport hotel, and extensive hangars.
The airport’s terminal building and control tower were completed in 1927, and the old wooden air traffic control and customs building demolished.
Salendra was where regular international passenger services began, initially using converted wartime bombers. The Salendra-Alaghon route soon became the busiest in Europa. Air traffic control was partially developed here. Amani Hanisi took off from Salendra on 16 May 1931 for her record-breaking flight to Aurelia.
In December 1917, Ador Aerodrome was established -- one of several small airfields around O'polis. In January 1918, the first two aircraft arrived at the aerodrome as part of the Home Island Defence. The airfield was on the other side of Mirabi road.
Ador Aerodrome became a large Reserve Aircraft and Training aerodrome for the Imperial Flying Corps. At the end of the $name War, they kept the aerodrome, becoming an important training airfield for the newly formed Imperial Air Force.
They combined the two aerodromes following the end of the $name War to become O’polis Aerodrome, the gateway for all international flight to and from O'polis. The new aerodrome opened on 1 April 1922. The Mirabi road remained a public crossing and a man with a red flag halted road traffic, later by a gate.