History of Iearth
The History of Iearth is the carefully researched description of humanity's past on the planet Iearth. It is informed by archaeology, anthropology, genetics, linguistics, and other disciplines; and, for periods since the invention of writing, by recorded history and by secondary sources and studies. Records of major historical events, human developments, and natural phenomenon are instrumental in determining and piecing together periods of history.
- 1 Prehistory
- 2 Ancient History
- 3 Post-Classical History
- 4 Modern History
- 4.1 15th Century
- 4.2 16th Century
- 4.3 17th Century
- 4.4 18th Century
- 4.5 19th Century
- 4.6 20th Century
- 4.7 21st Century
- 2,200,000 BCE - Early humanids inhabit Yuan.
- 680,000 BCE - 780,000 BCE - The carbon-date for the hominid fossils of Skothia Man, a Homo erectus who used fire, were discovered in a cave at Shandia near Skithiana.
- 7000 BCE - Yuaneze proto-writing.
- 4452 BCE - The Åethnoa mythology states that the "Sky People” create the continent of Euronia, home to the Gladysynthian mainland, and its native inhabitants.
- 3339 BCE - The Åethnoa split into six main ethnic groups and settle in different areas of Euronia.
20th-15th Century B.C.E.
14th-5th Century B.C.E.
- 678 BCE - Buddhism is first introduced to Kint.
- 625 BCE - The Medeams People unify Emmiria as a nation and empire for the first time.
- 550 BCE - The Achaiminid Empire (550–330 BC), founded by Cryun the Great, is established as the first true global superpower state; it ruled from as far north as Raviannas and as far west south as Semalia, from their seat of power in Rhaga (at the time known as Cryunias).
- 396 BCE - The Skoyan Tribe starts to form basic government and infrastructure and will be the future basis for Egilanak.
- 320 BCE - Cao Dynasty takes power in Yuan, the Imperial Age begins.
4th-1st Century B.C.E.
- 400 B.C.E. - Earliest known records list the founding of Duern on the present-day site of Durnen, Durnstaal.
- 293 B.C.E. - The Bezdekia Road connects civilizations across Adula, starting in the west in modern-day Prydania with cities as far east as Vongane, Quetana.
- 364 - Aliprand Eklund dies, and Berthold Eklund conquers Dravun in Durnstaal.
- 386 - The First Battle of Kolbt Valley in Durnstaal ends with no clear winner and begins The Stalemate
- 417 - The "Seven States of Egilanak" came together to form under a single body now known as Bronze Egilanak.
- 573 - Islam emerges in Emmiria near the city of Al-Makkah.
- 633 - The Muslim conquest of Emmiria from Mulfulira (occuring from 633 to 654) ends the Achaiminid Empire and marks a turning point in Emmirian history. Islamization of Emmiria takes place during the eighth to tenth centuries.
- 802 - The beginning of the Egilanakan Empire began with Frensez I beginning to take over large portion of Eastern Euronia and started what is known as Golden Egilanak.
- 993 - The Egilanakan Empire reaches its height and will stay this way for almost 200 years.
- 1042 - Stanislav Aleksandru IV successfully pushes Emmirian forces out of Duern
- 1087 - The start of the fall of the Egilanakan Empire occurs and over 500 years will lead to where it currently is today.
- August 13th, 1128 - The Battle of São Warena (1128) takes place in Quetana.
- 1315 - Rio Palito is annexed by Quetana following a grant from King Maruian II in 1291.
- 1337-1389 - The Fifty Years War occurs between the Kingdom of Mayotte and the Second Drambenburg Empire, giving Drambenburg control over Aunistria.
- 1638 - Modern Egilanak is what it is today by its territory and government and marks what is known as Silver Egilanak
- 1639 - The Kingdom of Rumaztria is established.
- 1672 - Leaders of a group of rebel marauders author a document known as the Siempra Gladysynthia, which established the Gladysynthian Empire, encompassing modern day Gladysynthia, Northern Zamastan, and much of Baytonia and Llihc.
- 1756 - The Federated Union of Durnstaal is formed from the kingdoms of Duern, Khurn, Euron, and Liverthaer.
- September 3rd, 1704 - Captain Percy Armillio establishes a Skithan Imperial colony at Tofino.
- January 6th, 1724 - The 1724 Vongane earthquake kills over 50,000 in Vongane, Quetana.
- June 4th, 1734 - The Selleauxvian Trade Embargo Conflict ends in Avergnon following Lewis Pontegnone's victory at the Defense of Merideth Crossing.
- February 8th, 1784 - Hang Almarez II becomes King of Skith.
- May 17th, 1789 - Alexander Agostinio begins his colonization and conquest of Vitosium.
- July 17th, 1802 - October 28th, 1804 - Zamastan War of Independence.
- June 4th, 1809 - Kuresa peacefully partitions away from the Skithan Empire.
- 1806-1823 - The Chezian Wars of Independence.
- 1813 - The Empire of Skith grants independence to Rio Palito and Caspiaa.
- 1830-1838 - The Barretoan Wars are fought between the Coalition of Durnstaal, Alcarres, Alonnisosa, Emmiria, and Timeria against Skith. Quetana and Mulfulira are liberated, and Skith loses their overseas colonies, including in Qolaysia, Zalluabed, Saint Croix and Bens, and Nebetia.
- 1838 - The Pia Peninsular War is fought between Kuresa and Vitosium
- 1843 - Ruskayn conquers and claims the Conwin Isles off the coast of Greland.
- 1864-65 - Cadair defeats Kint in the Oraniah War, with the Treaty of Kinchula ceding the Oraniah Plateau and resevoirs to Cadair .
- July 19, 1867 - King Almarez II of Skith dies at the age of 103.
- January 5th, 1871 - May 17th, 1876 - Parabocan War/Great Cardoza War.
- April 2nd, 1891 - Zamastan claims the Holish Islands in the south Samson Ocean.
- September 6th, 1904 - Arbery Jacob Henderson achieves the first heavier-than-air flight in a motor-powered airplane in Fougere, Zamastan.
- April 9th, 1905 - The Treaty of Tiaking ends the Yellow Flag Rebellion and results in Yuan giving the island of Gangkou to Zamastan.
- May 6th, 1908 - Communist Party of Yuan Chairman Deng Zhelan formally proclaimed the establishment of the People's Republic of Yuan
- September 5th, 1910 - Quetana experiences a revolution, toppling the monarchy and establishing the Quetanan Republic.
- August 18th, 1911 - The 1911 Zamastan coup d'état attempt, led by 2 rogue army generals, attempt to overthrow President Jean Levasseur.
- September 3rd, 1918 - The Confederation of East Besmenian States is founded, after the East Besmenian states break away from the Besmenian Kingdom.
- October 7th, 1918 - The Besmenian civil war begins.
- January 12th, 1919 - 1919 Tofino Earthquake kills nearly 78,000 across the northwest coast of Zamastan.
- July 7th, 1919 - The ratification of the Hickling Act grants Jyau and Nancaya independence from Vitosium.
- January 20th, 1920 - The Besmenian civil war ends with the surrender of the Kingdom of Besmenia.
- January 25th, 1920 - The Treaty of Freiz is signed in Freiz. He officially ended the Besmenian civil war and guaranteed the independence of the Confederation of East Besmenian States.
- July 2nd, 1920 - The Federal Republic of East Besmenia is founded while the Kingdom of Besmenia remains in the west.
- October 21th, 1922 - Karl Ochsenbein comes to power in the Kingdom of Besmenia.
- November 18th, 1922 - In the West Besmenian kingdom, a fascist dictatorship is established with Karl Ochsenbein as supreme leader.
- 1923-24 - A massive drought in the Zamastanian province of Pahl kills over 15,000 people.
- January 1st, 1924 - The Federation of Skith is formed.
- June 11th, 1925 - The Vulkarian Pass is completed and opens.
- February 5th, 1926 - President Elias Blanco signs the Blanco Initiative, which is attributed to creating the first widescale modern economic boom in Zamastan.
- July 17th, 1932 - The Chanchajillan Civil War begins.
- January 5th, 1936 - Albarinean forces occupy Buckingla. Two years later, they occupy Peoratia.
- June 25th, 1942 - Peoratia gains independence from Albarine . One year later, Buckingla is also granted independence.
- August 2nd-9th, 1945 - First Danaska Conflict.
- April 12th, 1949 - The World War begins when Drambenburg invades Avergnon.
- March 2nd, 1950 - Drambenburg sends the first satellite, Sattelit-1, into space.
- July 2nd, 1950 - The DSC begins the Aveirs Genocide.
- July 29th, 1953 - The Gladysynthian Civil War begins.
- July 31st, 1953-May 5th, 1954 - The Sotoan War is fought between North Sotoa and South Sotoa.
- May 9th, 1954 - Death of Karl Ochsenbein. Lars Schreim takes his position.
- November 12th, 1954 - The World War ends with the Allied Powers defeating the League Powers of Drambenburg, the DSC, and Malvare.
- May 7th, 1956 - Zamastan tests the first nuclear bomb in the Orion-1 Nuclear Test.
- August 6th, 1957 - Zamastan sends their first satellite, Cyan-1, into space.
- April 9th, 1959 - A Beleroskovian bomber crashes onto Beruina Atoll in the Toyana Ocean, causing the four atomic weapons aboard to detonate in the Beruina Atoll Nuclear Disaster.
- May 18th, 1959 - Wan Liang begins the Cultural Revolution in Yuan.
- June 6th, 1962 - The Marri-1 launch puts the first Zamastanian astronauts, Casey Giverston and Demarcus Free, into space.
- February 14th, 1963 - Utobania, New Anea, Yubonia, and Siniapore form the United Federation of Utobania.
- June 1st, 1965 - Siniapore becomes independent from the United Federation of Utobania.
- May 20th, 1966 - Begin of the West Besmenian Revolution in West Besmenia.
- June 7th, 1966 - End of the West Besmenian Revolution. Collapse of the fascist regime.
- June 9th, 1966 - The Besmenian Republic is established in West Besmenia.
- June 25th, 1967 - East Besmenian Prime Minister Johannes Schmidt and West Besmenian President Horst Lommberg signing the Besmenian Reunification treaty in Gatovita, Vitosium.
- August 12th, 1967 - The Gladysynthian Civil War ends with the signing of the Carson Accords; Tetrazoa officially becomes an independent nation.
- September 14th, 1967 - Besmenian reunification. The West Besmenian Republic joins East Besmenia. The Besmenian division ends after 47 years.
- September 24th - October 25th, 1970 - The Tariel War/Second Danaska Conflict is fought between Zamastan and Gladysynthia.
- June 3rd, 1972 - Zamastan becomes the first country to land humans on the Moon, with Blue Falcon 3 and astronauts John Bennett, Vincent Steward, and Edward Wood Chambers being the first to walk on the moon.
- September 29th, 1972 - President of Zamastan, Marvin Gaviria, is assassinated in Tofino, Zamastan.
- June 3rd, 1975 - Nana Nguena overthrows the government of Bongsisi Farikou in Peoratia, establishing a socialist dictatorship.
- November 18th, 1975 - The Coalition of Crown Albatross is founded.
- April 4th, 1976 - 83 Zamastanians are taken hostage at the Zamastanian embassy in Barangadesh.
- May 2nd, 1976 - Beleroskovian fighter jets shootdown Zian Airways Flight 127, killing all 276 people onboard and heightening tensions between the Capitalist and Communist powers.
- October 4th, 1976 - A 9.1 magnitude earthquake strikes northern Vulkaria, killing tens of thousands of people.
- November 13th, 1976 - The Helios Island nuclear accident occurs in Little Tribe River, Pahl, Zamastan.
- March 5th, 1978 - The Albatross Islamic Alliance is founded by Muslim-majority nations such as Emmiria, Qantir, Mulfulira, and Arakinistan.
- April 8th, 1978 - New Anea becomes independent from the United Federation of Utobania.
- August 3rd, 1979 - 8 Austrolisian athletes are kidnapped and killed in Feldkirch during the Olympic Games.
- April 8th, 1981 - The Peoratia civil war begins.
- April 2th, 1982 - The Malvarian Liberation Front attempts and fails to overthrow the government of Vulkaria in the 1982 Vulkaria Coup D'etat.
- May 6th, 1982 - A drop in oil production in Emmiria and Drambenburg leads to the. 1982 Oil Depression Crisis
- October 5th, 1982 - Beleroskov invades Jaginistan, overthrowing their government and kickstarting the Jaginistan Civil War.
- March 1st, 1983 - Jean-Noël Anouilh and his government are removed from power in a coup led by Jacob Plantier and Martin Saint-Yves in Ossinia.
- June 19th, 1983 - Beginning of the Kuye War between Skith and Emmiria. Khaytan becomes independent.
- July 6th, 1983 - The First War in Vulkaria begins, drawing Zamastanian involvement following the Alanis Pride Parade Bombing.
- January 16th, 1985 - The Eskiftanes Stock Market Collapse occurs in Rumaztria, crippling the economies of much of Central Ausiana.
- June 1st, 1986 - The Tofino Agreement brings Rumaztria into the Coalition of Crown Albatross, ending that nation's nearly 3 decade long isolation from global politics.
- March 18th, 1987 - The Verdusa Civil War begins.
- June 1st, 1989 - The Alliance of Nortuan States is founded by Besmenia, Elbresia, Candatora, Arenoran Isles and Versenia.
- Febuary 5th, 1991 - Besmenian Prime Minister Martin Beiter was assassinated during a speech in Melmingia.
- April 23th, 1991 - The First War in Vulkaria ends.
- October 4th, 1991 - The Courbagne General Peace Accords mark the end of the Peoratia civil war. More than a million people were killed and over 3 million displaced over the course of the war. Kevin Mbombo institutes sweeping government changes and establishes democratic elections.
- 1992-1995 - The Chezian War (1992-95) is waged in Constantio, Cechena, Syraranto, and Achijan.
- January 26th, 1992 - The Treviso Nuclear Crisis occurs in Treviso, West Chanchajilla.
- February 2nd, 1993 - Nichiaman Square protests are suppressed violently in Shanghan.
- January 3rd, 1993 - Yubonia becomes independent from the United Federation of Ubotania.
- August 5th, 1999 - The Second War in Vulkaria begins.
- December 31st, 1999 - Autrataya becomes the administrative capital of Utobania.
- January 16th, 2000 - Zamastanian crude oil tanker ZROV Dralson Star runs aground in Ruskayn, causing the Dralson Star Oil Spill.
- August 6th, 2000 - A coup d'etat occurs in Beleroskov, attempting to overthrow the Communist Party and the Premier.
- March 29th, 2001 - The governments of Zamastan, Caspiaa, Rio Palito, Ruskayn, and Quetana form the Western Euronia Defense Alliance, ensuring that they will come to each other's aid in the event of a hostile attack or invasion.
- April 19th, 2001 - The Rainsa Day Massacre; a group of gunmen attacked the Presidential Palace of Paraboca in Cardoza, breaching the security of the building and killing 91 people, including President Luna Berrocal.
- November 4th, 2002 - A referendum results in the loss of power for the Communist Party of Beleroskov.
- October 11th, 2004 - The first modules of the Coalition Space Station are launched from Tregueux International Space Center.
- February 6th, 2005 - The Second War in Vulkaria ends with the signing of the Neboroskiev Accords in Beleroskov.
- April 9th, 2005 - 32 countries sign the 2005 Cadair Agreement, promoting biodiversity, low emission standards, water management, and the renewable energy commercialization.
- April 10th, 2006 - The Vongane Trials begin in Vongane, Quetana, to try and sentence war criminals for their actions during the Second War in Vulkaria.
- June 7th, 2006 - Yuan and Beleroskov end diplomatic relationships.
- April 8th, 2008 - Malvarian Liberation Front founder, Samuel Kannit, is executed in Tregueux, Zamastan, following his sentencing in the Vongane Trials.
- April 18th, 2008 - Followers of the Johnville Cult commit the Johnville Massacre in Sassarta, Entrofeira, Vitosium, killing over 13,000 people.
- September 16th - The Togana War begins between Qolaysia and Togaria.
- November 4th, 2008 - The Communist Party of Beleroskov dissasembles, ending the 108-year official communist rule in Beleroskov.
- December 7th, 2008 - The Winter Uprising occurs in Novada, Kradomirik, Durnstaal, killing over 500 people and damaging most of the city.
- August 2nd, 2010 - Cyclone Emmanuel strikes Vulkaria and the Dominion of the Sanguine Church, resulting in over 700 deaths.
- September 19th, 2011 - A group of Al-Fijar suporters kidnaps the Besmenian right-wing NBP party chairman Alexander von Wiest. During a chase by the police, the group fled with the kidnapped von Wiest in a wooded area near Apolda. Von Wiest was killed in the escape vehicle before the group flees from the police into the forest.
- November 12th, 2011 - 54 climbers are killed in an avalanche on Mount Glyder Fawr, the tallest mountain on Iearth.
- September 29th, 2012 - Tetrazoa rejoins Gladysynthia after 45 years of independence following a revolution, referendum, and treaty to join the Federation.
- February 4th, 2013 - Waywffon Morgan establishes the Cymru Defense Forces in Cadair.
- March 5th, 2013 - Stanislas Arabo is assassinated in Pestoresta, Peoratia. Less than a month later, his political opponent Agbor Ngobila is elected President.
- June 4th, 2014 - Xi Jingyi becomes the President of Yuan.
- December 5th, 2015 - President of Zamastan, Cassious Castovia, dies. Zacharias Castovia becomes President.
- August 7th, 2016 - The Konkurso Conflict between Cadair and Birnir begins.
- October 20th, 2016 - Abiel Kennard is elected President of Qolaysia
- May 4th, 2017 - Izabell Bousieras is crowned the Queen of Rio Palito following the death of her father, King Maurice Bousieras.
- October 18th, 2017 - A series of terror attacks in Tofino, Zian, Zamastan, kill 438 people.
- October 24th - November 6th, 2018 - Third Danaska Conflict.
- January 5th, 2019 - East Chanchajillan President, Gideon Boer, is injured in an attempted assassination by West Chanchajillan agents.
- January 22nd, 2019 - Zacharias Castovia resigns over the Delavian Bribery Scandal; Anya Bishop becomes President of Zamastan.
- February 14th, 2019 - South Turania Offensive between East Chanchajilla and West Chanchajilla begins.
- August 31st, 2019 - 2019 Coastal Valley Earthquake kills 4,300 in Zamastan, mostly in the city of Kelowna.
- November 17th, 2019 - Anya Bishop resigns following the "PoverTea" Protests; Foley Sakzi becomes President of Zamastan.
- January 1st, 2020 - Katherine von Wettin becomes the Secretary-General of the Coalition of Crown Albatross.
- February 29th, 2020 - Thousands of protesters attempted to overthrow the Frederick Armbar dictatorship, but were crushed by government forces.
- May 4th, 2020 - Zamastan invades the island nation of Ossinia, toppling the regime of Martin Saint-Yves.
- June 11th, 2020 - A devestating 8.7 magnitude earthquake rocks Northern Yuan, especially affecting the city of Xiani and killing over 3,000 people. A massive international relief effort is launced.
- June 15th, 2020 - Foley Sakzi announces he will not seek reelection in the 2020 Zamastan presidential election.
- July 2nd, 2020 - The Zamastanian consulate in Haruya, Jaginistan, is subjected to an attack by the terror group Al-Fijar, killing Ambassador Jamie Lake and 8 other Zamastanians.
- July 24th, 2020 - Nuclear physicist, Ethan Hyderland, is killed at his home in Lower Tariel.
- July 29th, 2020 - A bombing at the Syraranto Parliament in Covijo kills 23 in an attempted assassination of President Kyriakos Tasoulas.
- August 4th, 2020 - Syraranto begins a military offensive against the Balgita Nationalist Forces in the Western part of the country, considered to be the start of the Second Syraranto Civil War.
- September 16th, 2020 - Air Andaluni Flight 553 is bombed by Al-Fijar while en-route from Jade Harbor to Vongane, killing all 178 on board.
- September 22nd, 2020 - Atticus Moreau is elected President of Zamastan.
- October 4th, 2020 - The Bettencourt Protests erupt in Mayotte, Aunistria, and Alutia as separatist movements backed by the Bloc Mayotte gain traction.
- October 15th, 2020 - Zalluabed's government launches the Hisrea War to combat the HPLF
- November 23rd, 2020 - Start of the Tarijar Strait Crisis involving increased Drambenburgian militarization of the strait after defense agreements are reached with Buckingla & Zalluabed, and resulting in sporadic clashes between Zalluabedi and Albarinean forces.
- January 1st, 2021 - Auraine, Mayotte, and Alutiana officially secede from Zamastan, becoming independent nations.
- January 9th, 2021 - Extensive rocket attacks and bombings by Al-Fijar claim over 400 lives in Kibul, Jaginistan, including the deaths of C.C.A. peacekeepers from Zamastan, Quetana, Caspiaa, and Timeria.
- February 24th, 2021 - East Chanchajilla invades West Chanchajilla after Frederick Armbar conducts weeks of bombings and rocket attacks that killed more than 700 people. Throughout the course of the ensuing conflict, Paraboca commits ground forces, the Zamastanian Air Force conducts extensive airstrikes Ivora eventually falls on April 17th, and Armbar is killed days later. National elections are established for the first time in West Chanchajillan history.
- March 15th, 2021 - Qolaysia and Togaria reach a peace agreement in Buena Vera, Artegana, to end the Togana War.
- April 27th, 2021 - Mikhail Kuznetsov, President of Kossmil, is assassinated.
- June 29th, 2021 - A 8.4 magnitude quake and subsequent tsunami leave more than 11,400 dead on Temebok Island, Qolaysia.
- July 3rd, 2021 - Oriol Miguélez elected President of Paraboca.
- August 4th, 2021 - West Chanchajilla hosts its first ever democratic elections. Juan Diego Barrios is elected Prime Minister.
- August 13th, 2021 - The Osea Accords are signed in Osea, Timeria, ending the Hisrea War.